Fasting.

bluesoup said:
Fasting in the Greek Orthodox church is about cleansing your body and soul for Easter holy communion.

As you are not part of the religion and you will probably not have Easter communion, there is no real need for you to fast... Quite simples really. You've been duped... Eat a bacon sarnie and be done with it.

Alternatively, have some king prawns. Amazingly the greek orthodox church does not recognise prawns as a form of meat ;)

You can fast in sympathy. Doesn't mean you've been duped.

Are you sure about the prawns?

Whatever, our resident expert on all things Cypriot. Suggest you ask a Greek priest about the detail of accepting holy communion. Don't really fancy emabarassing you on a public forum.

mammutly said:
bluesoup said:
Fasting in the Greek Orthodox church is about cleansing your body and soul for Easter holy communion.

As you are not part of the religion and you will probably not have Easter communion, there is no real need for you to fast... Quite simples really. You've been duped... Eat a bacon sarnie and be done with it.

Alternatively, have some king prawns. Amazingly the greek orthodox church does not recognise prawns as a form of meat ;)

Yes MM they and Calamari, Cuttlefish don't have blood. Orthodox can have fish on the 25th March which is the Announciation of the Virgin Mary. Not bad for an atheist eh?

bluesoup said:
Whatever, our resident expert on all things Cypriot. Suggest you ask a Greek priest about the detail of accepting holy communion. Don't really fancy emabarassing you on a public forum.

BS m8 I married into orhodox and I'm accepted as a Christian. Please embarrass me.

paphos-mcfc said:
mammutly said:

Yes MM they and Calamari, Cuttlefish don't have blood. Orthodox can have fish on the 25th March which is the Announciation of the Virgin Mary. Not bad for an atheist eh?

Pretty good in fact!

I'm a partially lapsed Catholic myself and only really know that you're meant to give up something. A little religion does no harm, I think.

Thanks for the information,. Always good to learn new stuff.

bluesoup said:

LOL.

Who are you going to emabarass?

paphos-mcfc said:
bluesoup said:

BS m8 I married into orhodox and I'm accepted as a Christian. Please embarrass me.

This is the biggest BS I've heard today.... 'how can you practice greek othordoxy and adopt christian rituals when you admit to being an athiest'... says it all really. You are either one or the other. Marrying into the church is meaningless unless you believe in it M8. Once again ask a priest whether he will give communion to an athiest.

bluesoup said:
paphos-mcfc said:

This is the biggest BS I've heard today.... 'how can you practice greek othordoxy and adopt christian rituals when you admit to being an athiest'... says it all really. You are either one or the other. Marrying into the church is meaningless unless you believe in it M8. Once again ask a priest whether he will give communion to an athiest.

How will he know? I'll tell him eh?. Look at my first post you numpte. I'm doing this for my wife and not for religion. And I can accept the holy communion if I wish although that would make a hippocrite. My religion is Recognised by the Greek orthodox Church, otherwise I would not have been able to marry my wife, even if I don't believe. Are you a man of the cloth or have you touched cloth??? Please tell.

Whatever paphos. Stick to your fasolia yaxni. Have a nice easter and meat feast when your family breaks their fast. ;)

bluesoup said:
Whatever paphos. Stick to your fasolia yaxni. Have a nice easter and meat feast when your family breaks their fast. ;)

Thanks m8 I will. My point b4 m8 was that, sometimes you just have to nod your head about religion, otherwise I wouldn't be married now to the wife that I love. That Isn't religion, that Is law. Two different matters, but you can't have one without the other. Now where's that bacon sarnie ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.