Fat Sam - We're too late on RSC

Re: sam and rsc

Soulboy said:
Fat Sam has been honest throughout this. He said RSC is not for sale... unless we offer stupid money. Well, £19m is stupid money. And he's still rejected it out of hand.

So Hughes must walk away before Fat Sam takes the piss out of him even more.

Oh, and so much for us being able to buy any player in the world now that we are in the richest club in the worldd.

Seems transfer budgets apply to us as much as any other club Reality bites.

So much for another couple of million quid meaning nothing to us.

Has Given signed yet? Or can't we even agree a deal for him either?

Is Cook doing really his best for Hughes at this moment in time...

I think your arguement is a little weak... transfer budgets don't apply but we won't be taken for mugs because it's bad business. If we start paying dramatically over the odds for players we are only strengthening our rivals who could sign a straight replacement and one or two hot prospects for the same money.

Kaka was probably worth £100m because he is not just an incredible footballer but a worldwide icon. On that note I saw a rumour today on BBC's gossip page that Real are reported to have an agreement in place for Ronaldo worth £91m (bet if it's true nobody will accuse THEM of ruining football, fantasy football bids etc etc).

RSC is not worth £20m... as far as I am aware we have not bid that much. £18.5m seems to have been our last and highest bid. It is far in excess of what any other club would offer but it seems to be the end of the line. We could probably land RSC if we wanted with a Kaka sized bid but we wont. That doesn't mean we can't land our targets - it just means we will decide the value not the other clubs and if they dick us about we will walk away.

I think your arguement is a little weak... transfer budgets don't apply but we won't be taken for mugs because it's bad business. If we start paying dramatically over the odds for players we are only strengthening our rivals who could sign a straight replacement and one or two hot prospects for the same money.

My argument is a little weak?

So to sum up your argument... transfer budgets don't apply to us... but we won't be taken for mugs.

Right. So 29 year old Bellamy at £14m is a bargain buy? So circa £19m for one-season wonder RSC is the model of sound business sense? No.

What do you call not being taken for mugs?

I think we have to bite the bullet and be prepared to spend stupid money... or else walk away and look for alternatives far sooner than we're doing now. The fact that Hughes has shown he is only interested in certain players is clearly pushing up the prices for these players.

Everybody knew that Bellamy and RSC were his chosen pairing... and the clubs knew it... so up goes the prices.

Someone at the club needs to be cuter and call a halt to these deals and go elsewhere, 'cos if we keep chasing a player (RSC) then Fat Sam's not daft... he'll just keep putting the price up.

Prediction? We will be back in for him even though that was our "final" bid. Hughes is now desperate for him, even if no one else is.

A deal for around £20m+ beckons...

Even stranger is the view that if we give clubs huge amounts for their players, they will go out and spend that money on better players... then why don't we buy those players instead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.