Fav sweets and drinks as a kid

TCIB

24131L.jpg

wham_original__02485_zoom.jpg

Not had this thread in a while and i am sick to my back teeth of politics and death being at the top of the board for the last week.

Shit man there was too much to choose from. It's hard to have a absolute favourite

For a 10p mix up the fizzy cola bottles were my favourites

For mini lollies or penny chews it was Drumstick all day long

For them cheapo bars it was also Wham with Irn Bru a close second

Regular sweets I was partial to fruit pastles, wine gums and opal fruits

You can tell you're getting old when you no longer eat sweets and now your favourite flavour crisps is shitty Ready Salted

Crouchinho said:
Shit man there was too much to choose from. It's hard to have a absolute favourite

For a 10p mix up the fizzy cola bottles were my favourites

For mini lollies or penny chews it was Drumstick all day long

For them cheapo bars it was also Wham with Irn Bru a close second

Regular sweets I was partial to fruit pastles, wine gums and opal fruits

You can tell you're getting old when you no longer eat sweets and now your favourite flavour crisps is shitty Ready Salted

Hahaha so true crouchy, yeah fruit pastles were spot on, purple ones were best imo.
They don't even do penny chews now do they, apple jacks were great.

Now you're talking.

1. Parma Violets.
2. Curly Wurly/Fudge
3. Refreshers (the little chews, not the crap long bars)
4. Drumsticks (rasberry and cream)
5. Jelly Beans
6. Sugar Mice (but only on holiday)
7. Sherbet dip / Dip Dabs / Double Dip
8. Foam Bananas / Super Shrimp
9. Sherbert Lollies.
10. Bon Bons.

So hard to leave out such classics as flying saucers, and the iconic multicoloured stick of rock.

But above them all, in a league of its own, I give you the mighty Dinosour Egg....

4576969000_34526bf026_z.jpg

Crouchinho said:
You can tell you're getting old when you no longer eat sweets
This is very true. I actually do buy old style sweets for other people quite a lot, because they always cheer people up. But nobody buys them for me :(

and now your favourite flavour crisps is shitty Ready Salted
Woah... hang on a minute. That's just you mate - Crisps get better as you get older, precisely because you have the wisdom to see the absurdity of having one 'favourite'. I take great pleasure in pairing my sandwich with the appropriate flavour. Ham = Cheese and Onion. Smoked Salmon = Salt And Vinegar. Roast Beef = Ready Salted.

Corona Raspberryade ... a truly wonderful drink.
Woolworths Rum and Butter Sweets.Fucking hell they were hard and once you finally got them gooey enough after about 10 minutes chewing they didn`t half stick to your bastard teeth.but the taste was superb.
Chocolate Chewing Nuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.