Favorite food to cook

If you were to empty a beef and tomato flavoured Pot Noodle onto a fancy shaped serving dish and garnish with a sprinkle of basil, the luvvies wouldn't have a scooby doo, lapping it up like connoisseurs on heat. Madam et madamoiselle je presnte pour votre plus grand plaisir .. Noodle au boeuf et tomate .

Thirty billies a serving and a Piece of piss!
Oh I think they might.
Does it have sauce with Shaoxin wine in it and maybe some oyster sauce/soy/ginger/honey/garlic and beef broth?
Veggies? Peppers, shallots, sugar snap peas?
Was the steak velveted and then marinated?
Is the wok carbon steel and properly seasoned?
If all those boxes ticked then where do you get these pot noodles?

I am really into cooking spanish food at the moment, really simple yet tasty. Just done pork belly, black pudding and chick pea stew, sublime
I do a similar stew called Fabada Asturiana but with chorizo as well as pork belly and black pudding.

Add saffron, butter and cannellini beans and just let it stew (in the words of James Bond) only shake it, don’t stir it, in case the black pudding sausages break open.

My favourite to make is Spaghetti al Peperoncino.

Very simple:
While the water is boiling for the spaghetti, chop some parsley, garlic and chilli.

Get some wholegrain spaghetti on the go (with lots of salt in there), in a frying pan gently warm the three ingredients in some extra virgin olive oil until it would flavour the oil and then take it off the heat.

When the pasta is done, with some tongues pull the pasta out of its water and put it in the pan with the three ingredients and put the heat back on (with a bit of the salty water going in as well).

That’s where the traditional Italian dish ends, but I also throw in some plum tomatoes and some tinned anchovies (chopped).

I also put cheese on top when I serve it but my Italian ex-gf told me you shouldn’t put cheese on oil based dishes (it should be for ragu/sauce based dishes instead) but I like it so sod her!

Last edited by a moderator:

Very simple:
While the water is boiling for the spaghetti, chop some parsley, garlic and chilli.

Get some wholegrain spaghetti on the go (with lots of salt in there), in a frying pan gently warm the three ingredients in some extra virgin olive oil until it would flavour the oil and then take it off the heat.

When the pasta is done, with some tongues pull the pasta out of its water and put it in the pan with the three ingredients and put the heat back on (with a bit of the salty water going in as well).

That’s where the traditional Italian dish ends, but I also throw in some plum tomatoes and some tinned anchovies (chopped).

I also put cheese on top when I serve it but my Italian ex-gf told me you should put cheese on oil based dishes (it should be for ragu/sauce based dishes) but I like it so sod her!
Aha Italians. Their food is some of the best, but they can get all their stupid rules in the bin.

Italian food is good because they keep it simple and have amazing ingredients, not because you can only serve x pasta with y sauce.

Very simple:

I also put cheese on top when I serve it but my Italian ex-gf told me you should put cheese on oil based dishes (it should be for ragu/sauce based dishes) but I like it so sod her!
When I make my world famous spaghetti Bolognese I grate a mountain of extra mature cheddar on my sauce. I don’t use the really fine grater. I don’t mix the spaghetti in with the sauce until I’m eating it. I like to control the sauce/spaghetti ratio.

Chilli for me.
5% fat Beef mince, onion, garlic, chopped chillies or chilli flakes. Fry off and add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder, 3 tsp cumin powder, beef oxo cube, squirt tom purée, generous sprinkling of mixed Italian dried herbs, three tins of chopped tomatoes, tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce. Add tsp of sugar and a squirt of tomato sauce. Stir together, add half a cup of water and allow to simmer on low light for half an hour. Bloody top drawer stuff.

Very simple:

I also put cheese on top when I serve it but my Italian ex-gf told me you shouldn’t put cheese on oil based dishes (it should be for ragu/sauce based dishes instead) but I like it so sod her!
My go to pasta dish is tinned sardines (King Oscar are the best) finger chilli, garlic, capers and tinned tomatoes (Mutti is the best imo, but some might find them too fine). I know it breaks the rules but I put loads of Parmesan on this dish too. Think it’s best with linguine. It’s quick, cheap (although even cheaper with other tinned sardines) and pretty healthy too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.