Favorite food to cook

Jamie Olivers osso bucco. Takes all day but if you have beer and good music, it's a good all day.
Osso Bucco is one of the other half's favourite foods (up there with Toulouse Sausage Cassoulet, Fish Pie, Lasagna and Boeuf Bourguignon). The only thing all of them have in common is that they're an absolute labour of love but delicious when done right.

Last edited:
Something very satisfying about cooking a full breakfast, but probably only do it once a year.

I make a decent spicy curry where you basically cook the meat in yoghurt and spices, takes minutes and much better than those shop bought jars. You start by gently frying onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a little oil until soft, then add whatever spices you like - paprika, tumeric, cinnamon, more chilli if you like, plus the usual curry spices - then after a couple of mins take it off the heat, add 200-300ml plain or Greek yogurt, spoonful of tomato puree and the meat and mix, bring to the boil and simmer until thick, adding extras like mushrooms or tomatoes when it starts to thicken. Works very well with chicken, turkey or minced beef.

Osso Bucco is one of the other half's favourite foods (up there with Toulouse Sausage Cassoulet, Fish Pie, Lasagna and Boeuf Bourguignon). The only thing all of them have in common is that they're an absolute labour of love but delicious when done right.
It really is delicious. I'm going to look up that Toulouse sausage affair right now.
I'm having spinach lasagne tonight that I made the other day.
Good to see you posting by the way. When are you coming over to see us?

Chilli for me.
5% fat Beef mince, onion, garlic, chopped chillies or chilli flakes. Fry off and add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder, 3 tsp cumin powder, beef oxo cube, squirt tom purée, generous sprinkling of mixed Italian dried herbs, three tins of chopped tomatoes, tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce. Add tsp of sugar and a squirt of tomato sauce. Stir together, add half a cup of water and allow to simmer on low light for half an hour. Bloody top drawer stuff.
I do a similar one to this but I use less tomatoes and more kidney beans. Add some mushrooms and a can of speckled hen.

It really is delicious. I'm going to look up that Toulouse sausage affair right now.
I'm having spinach lasagne tonight that I made the other day.
Good to see you posting by the way. When are you coming over to see us?
That's the one I wasn't allowed to cook, his signature dish not mine... its the one with white beans not lentils.
I'll probably be over 2024, the Canadians are coming here later this year and 3 weeks in one year is very much enough!
Lisa and Jim OK?

That's the one I wasn't allowed to cook, his signature dish not mine... its the one with white beans not lentils.
I'll probably be over 2024, the Canadians are coming here later this year and 3 weeks in one year is very much enough!
Lisa and Jim OK?
Yes, everybody's good. Looking forward to a trip in the sun in a few weeks.
Be sure to let me know when you come over. We still have to watch a match together : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.