Favourite album by The Cure

I was never a huge Cure fan. I like some songs and I can appreciate their importance and the influence they've had on some bands I really like. Robert Smith has some funny quotes on Morrissey though. I think I recall, "If he says don't eat meat, I'll eat meat because I hate Morrissey". Or something to that effect.

Knight1979 said:
I was never a huge Cure fan. I like some songs and I can appreciate their importance and the influence they've had on some bands I really like. Robert Smith has some funny quotes on Morrissey though. I think I recall, "If he says don't eat meat, I'll eat meat because I hate Morrissey". Or something to that effect.
Good lad ;)

Knight1979 said:

Lol was than not Ian McCulloch? I know Mac once met Moz and they did an interview together, Mac had steak and chips whilst Moz, obviously, had the veggie option.

Mac the mouth deserves a thread in his own right lol

Besides which I like a bit of banter between bands much prefer it to the love in that bands enjoy these days!

'lot's of bands ripped off New Order but the Cure really took the piss sometimes' Peter Hook

TheMightyQuinn said:
Knight1979 said:

Lol was than not Ian McCulloch? I know Mac once met Moz and they did an interview together, Mac had steak and chips whilst Moz, obviously, had the veggie option.

Besides which I like a bit of banter between bands much prefer it to the love in that bands enjoy these days!

'lot's of bands ripped off New Order but the Cure really took the piss sometimes' Peter Hook

Ian McCulloch just might be my favorite singer/lyricist of all time. I saw Echo when was 18 and on a trip overseas......amazing show, amazing band so glad I got to see them, it was right after they released Evergreen. Good shout there (-;

As for bands ripping off New Order, Wire really went for it on "The Ideal Copy", even down to the chorusy Peter Hook bass lines.

Knight1979 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Knight1979 said:

Ian McCulloch just might be my favorite singer/lyricist of all time. I saw Echo when was 18 and on a trip overseas......amazing show, amazing band so glad I got to see them, it was right after they released Evergreen. Good shout there (-;

As for bands ripping off New Order, Wire really went for it on "The Ideal Copy", even down to the chorusy Peter Hook bass lines.

My ex was pretty good mates with one of Will Sergeants old friends so I've managed to see The Bunnymen a few times, met them backstage etc. Will is lovely, friendly just a nice guy. Macs a bit moody, keeps himself to himself etc but he's still cool as fuck and once he does open his gob he doesnt shut up!

I'd be suspicious of any band who didnt rip off New Order a bit lol

They are the reason I want a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster! When I saw them they had those plugged into some big Orange amps with plenty of warm, tasty delay and reverb. It sounded like heaven.

Knight1979 said:
They are the reason I want a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster! When I saw them they had those plugged into some big Orange amps with plenty of warm, tasty delay and reverb. It sounded like heaven.

Just Like Heaven? :P

VMac.jpg

Theres a pic of Mac for you to look at, my photography skills are sublime and I chopped most of the ex off :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.