Favourite City memorabilia

My kippax last stand flag....what a great day that was
City shirt from wembley 1999....another great day
wembley '76' ticket & programme...1st time at wembley(was only 15) so went with mum & dad, dad come to game & mum went shopping!!!!
GOOD TIMES THEN....& GOOD TIMES ARE BACK

.......................................................C.T.I.D.......................................................

my favourite is a sunday mirror poster of city wining 1976 league cup dennis tueart overhead kick signed by dennis, peter barnes,tommy booth,tony book

My father has a Don Revie City shirt, they were made of silk back then. I have a signed photo of Colin Bell, a signed ball of the F.A. Cup Final team and a signed Stephen Ireland shirt.

3490990169_776c23cf20.jpg

Phuk Tifano said:
Old City codgers like me will remember the old souvenir shop at Maine Road. Way before the days of merchandise megastores, it was about the size of a wardrobe and was run by a grumpy fella called Eddie Phillips. It contained no end of quality tat, but my most treasured items were:

1) "Man City are Magic" blue metal badge, the size of a saucer
2) "I Scored at Maine Road" knickers - bought them my mum for her birthday without realising double-entendre
3) Sky blue leather autograph book (which Steve Mackenzie christened)

Anyone else have any personal faves?
i remember the old shop as i worked in it with my dad for peanuts and a match ticket,
you are right about the grumpy guy and he was called Eddie Phillips, but he did not run it, he paid a franchise of around £100,000/year to city which ran for 6 years allowing him to sell official city merchandise, this deal made him a millionaire and was just another oversite by swales when it came to capitalising on potential at that time

Oh and by the way he is my uncle

I've still got a load of Umbro stuff from the last time. From flags to trainers, maybe a new Classic range?!

Last game at maine road programme, wembley '99 programme and my autograph book with Keegan, Summerbee, Oakes, Book, Weaver, Dickov to name a few in it.

I have a 'Citizens' badge worn at the European Cup Winners Cup Final.

Dozens of programmes from the seventies and eighties.

Does anyone remember those little blue leather wallets the size of a postage stamp ? About half an inch thick, and when you opened it up there was a photgraph of each player. The entire thing opened out. I can remember they used to sell them on the front at Blackpool.

nothing amazing, just a '91 grey sweat top, it was fucking great. I took better care of that than anything I'd ever owned before. it aged really well. then one day I came home to find me mam had appropriated it as a floor rag.

Mine are my old junior blues silk scarf that I've had since I was a nipper, an old brown leather football with manchester city emblazoned across the front and signed by the squad from the keegan era, the looks I got when getting it signed were a picture but great topic of conversation. Stuart Pearce shouted to keegan "ere gaffer you'll remember these" when told it was for my grandad who was ill he was apologetic but I told him my grandad would have pissed himself, they all seemed fascinated by it lol, sadly my grandad passed and he left it to me, I treasure that ball and keep it in a glass case. Also love my model of maine road, kippax last stand flag, and the mountains of stubs I've collected over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.