Favourite Comedian

Genuine question here, does anybody find that Rosie Jones funny? Fair pair to her for overcoming adversity and making a living, but I just don't find her funny in the slightest. No reason for her not to play comedy clubs etc but it baffles me how she's on the TV constantly like she's some comedy genius

Genuine question here, does anybody find that Rosie Jones funny? Fair pair to her for overcoming adversity and making a living, but I just don't find her funny in the slightest. No reason for her not to play comedy clubs etc but it baffles me how she's on the TV constantly like she's some comedy genius

She's a product of 'political correctness', a disabled comedian booked to 'tick s box', like the young disabled lad who won BGT a few years ago, and the autistic lad with ticks who just got to the final of BGT.
Personally, I don't find Rosie particularly funny, but she will have an audience that does. I can say exactly the same about Ben Elton - in my opinion, the least funny 'comedian' I've ever seen. It takes all sorts.

It's entertainment for the masses. That's why we have a selection of channels and an off switch.

Stand up comedy is almost entirely about the delivery. The best joke in the world would barely raise a smile off anybody if I told it in public because nobody would be able to see past the awkward, embarrassed style. The words would be irrelevant.

And that’s the same for me with Rosie I’m afraid. Maybe that’s my fault? Maybe some people can completely blank from their mind that she has cerebral palsy and just hear the joke.

But not me unfortunately. All I can see is somebody, in this case because of a disability, awkwardly telling a joke.

And that is never funny.

Mick Miller:
Went back to the funeral wake of an old mate at his house and I asked the deceased’s wife if she knew the Wi-Fi code. She said, ‘you insensitive fucking bald bastard asking about that at a time like this!’ I said is that all in lower case? :-)

Mick Miller:
Went back to the funeral wake of an old mate at his house and I asked the deceased’s wife if she knew the Wi-Fi code. She said, ‘you insensitive fucking bald bastard asking about that at a time like this!’ I said is that all in lower case? :-)
Used to love Mick Miller's opening gag "I lost my hair at 16. What a game of cards that was".

Last time I seen him was at a student gig and they loved him

She's a product of 'political correctness', a disabled comedian booked to 'tick s box', like the young disabled lad who won BGT a few years ago, and the autistic lad with ticks who just got to the final of BGT.
Personally, I don't find Rosie particularly funny, but she will have an audience that does. I can say exactly the same about Ben Elton - in my opinion, the least funny 'comedian' I've ever seen. It takes all sorts.

It's entertainment for the masses. That's why we have a selection of channels and an off switch.
Maybe if I could understand a word she was saying she might have a chance but when I can tell it’s just shit, tbh Victoria Wood is the only decent female comedian I can think of, Dinnerladies is genius.

Maybe if I could understand a word she was saying she might have a chance but when I can tell it’s just shit, tbh Victoria Wood is the only decent female comedian I can think of, Dinnerladies is genius.

Victoria Wood was the best female comedian ever imo.

Her genius can be summed up in five words...

"Is it on the trolley?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.