Favourite curry

Don't be a afraid of MSG.
It's had a bad rap. Totally undeserved.

Like anything, eat too much and it will be bad for you. So if you eat a lot of thing with MSG in them, then MSG isn't the problem!

I've been doing a lot of Chinese cooking lately, and MSG is essential to get the right taste.
I also use it when making sausages, as they will not taste right unless it's in there.

I've even taken to using it as a pre season when i make my own burgers. The "meaty" taste goes through the roof.

Just don't go mad. A little goes a long way. It is used to enhance, not dominate etc.
Indian food doesn’t tend to have MSG in these days. Chinese does.

Yes, MSG is a very common food flavour enhancer found in most fast food and Chinese chefs use it most in takeaways and restaurants. I've cooked quite a lot of Chinese dishes over the the years for myself and family and friends. And most have said how much they enjoyed my food. However. I'm very critical of my cooking and I've always thought it never had that proper 'taste' and I think MSG would mostly solve it. I'll buy some sometime and try it. But it's strong stuff and no more than half a teaspoon is needed as using too much can cause side effects, headaches and nausea being the two most common.
It will definitely take your food to the next level...you don't need a lot but the side effects have been definitely over egged :)

I didn't even know indian food had any in it.
I've found that there is a lot of fusion food these days pinching ideas of each other.
You've got me thinking now about what Indian dishes i can use some MSG in!
Most Indian restaurants and takeaways use MSG and you can see it being used if it's an open kitchen. There's usually 2 bowls on display that look the same, one is salt, the other is MSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.