favourite dj live.

newtonheathdave said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Sasha is the greatest DJ who has ever lived.

This with brass bells on, untouchable.

Jay Weardon a very close 2nd for me.

Moggy was miles better than Jay Weardon

-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:58 am --

Dj Hype
Dj Seduction
Freestylers
Carl Cox playing hardcore
Shades Of Rhythm

was just about to say carl cox and dj hype. First time i seen carl cox he mixed on three decks mixing old school to dnb to hardcore to techno
mint

newtonheathdave said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Sasha is the greatest DJ who has ever lived.

Dj Hype
Dj Seduction
Freestylers
Shades Of Rhythm

Sorry Dave, but that`s nonsense, Moggy just played on the Sat night at Hippos, what Jay played the night before on Friday`s, plus he played too many girly tunes for my liking??

gordondaviesmoustache said:
newtonheathdave said:

Moggy was.

Moggy was fantastic. What an insane asylum the Hippodrome was.

Passed out on the glass bridge above the dancefloor one night, just having a siff of poppers and some tool knocked the bottle, and half the bottle went up my nose, just remember waking up with the bouncers and about 50 poeple round me, looked like a reet prick i did. ha

Kun Aguero said:
bellamys 9 iron said:
Kun Aguero said:
Tiesto

/thread.

tiesto was ok pre the shit he is playing now he sold his soul..loved his older stuff

Yep I was talking the stuff like Traffic, Adiago for strings, Lethal Industry, not the shit in the charts.

sorry..yeah some of his remixes are class love radiohead-street spirit(tiesto mix)

bazbarrybazzer said:
newtonheathdave said:
bazbarrybazzer said:

Dj Hype
Dj Seduction
Freestylers
Shades Of Rhythm

Sorry Dave, but that`s nonsense, Moggy just played on the Sat night at Hippos, what Jay played the night before on Friday`s, plus he played too many girly tunes for my liking??

To be fair though, I think that had a lot to do with the type of nights at hippos and the fact that unlike today where you have a whole back catalog of old skool tunes to pick from, back in the day you were at the mercy of which tunes came out each week. There were limited numbers of good tunes so you would deffo get some cross over between the 2 of them.
I think the critical difference between moggy and Jay was that Moggy played for the crowd where as Jay played for himself. Jay would try and mix 2 tunes all the way through, even though it sounded crap. Sometimes it sounded great but more often that not is was just a dj trying to be a clever dick. You said yourself that Moggy played too many girly tunes. 1st rule of djing is get the birds up and the lads will follow.
At the end of the day we each have out own tastes when it comes to tunes so we will be attracted to the dj that plays what we like.
In later years I thought Moggy was head and shoulders the best dj at Maximes. Considering they had the likes of XTC and Nipper on regulary then that is high praise indeed.
Moggy was the David Silva of the Manchester dj scene. He made it look so much easier than everyone else yet never gets the plaudits he deserves due to the prominence of other big names who are just not as good.

-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:31 pm --

gordondaviesmoustache said:
When he's up for it, John Digweed pisses all over Sasha and every other fucker too.

You basing that on today or when Sasha was at his best playing at Shelleys? Digweed might be better technically now but there is no way he is adored or as groundbreaking as Sasha was back in the day.

edit - For the record, I have always preferred Nipper to Sasha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.