Fc Barcelona vs Bayern Munich, who is better man for man?

SambaStyle

Messi vs Robben
Suarez vs Lewandowski
Neymar vs Ribery
Iniesta vs Gotze
Rakitic vs Thiago
Busquets vs Schweinsteiger
Alba vs Alaba
Alves vs Lahm
Pique vs Boateng
Vermaelon vs Dante
Ter Stegen vs Neur

I got, Messi, Suarez, Even, Even, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Lahm, Boateng, Vermaelon, Neur.

Subs: Pedro, Mascherano, Rafinha, Mathieu, Munir, Bravo vs Muller, Shaqiri, Martinez, Badstuber, Bernat, Reina

Re: Fc Barcelona vs Bayern Munich, who is better man for man

Man for man Bayern are better, only players that are better on Barca at the moment are Messi, Iniesta and Suarez, and Iniesta is amazing but getting older. Bayern hands down for me.

As said Bayern are better man for man and better as a team if Guardiola decides to play a smart formation. However, that is not Bayern's best team or even the formation that Barca play.

A more suitable comparison I feel is like this.

Messi>Lewandowski
Ribery>Neymar (could change with Neymar on the rise and Ribery on the decline, this season)
Robben>Suarez
Muller>Iniesta
Schweinsteiger>Rakitic
Martinez>Busquets
Alaba>Alba
Lahm>Alves
Boateng>Vermalen
Pique>Dante
Neuer> Ter Stegen

Said it before but the Bayern team is the strongest most cmplete team I have ever seen. The only team like it I have vague knowledge of is the AC Milan team of the late 80s, but that was before my time.

Guardiola knows Barcelona from the back of his hands. Bayern

supercrystal7 said:
As said Bayern are better man for man and better as a team if Guardiola decides to play a smart formation. However, that is not Bayern's best team or even the formation that Barca play.

Messi>Lewandowski
Ribery>Neymar (could change with Neymar on the rise and Ribery on the decline, this season)
Robben>Suarez
Muller>Iniesta
Schweinsteiger>Rakitic
Martinez>Busquets
Alaba>Alba
Lahm>Alves
Boateng>Vermalen
Pique>Dante
Neuer> Ter Stegen

Said it before but the Bayern team is the strongest most cmplete team I have ever seen. The only team like it I have vague knowledge of is the AC Milan team of the late 80s, but that was before my time.

Pep seems to see Martinez more as a defender than a DM, so I don't think comparing him to Busquets is the right comparison. I'd like it if he actually played Martinez there rather than Lahm, but he hasn't done that really.

Robben vs Suarez and Iniesta vs Muller are debatable imo.

For me, the better team depends on how they play rather than what the players are. I don't think Guardiola's style gets the most out of the Bayern players though. With a manager like Ancelotti they would be basically unstoppable imo.

GHoddle said:
supercrystal7 said:

Messi>Lewandowski
Robben>Suarez
Muller>Iniesta
Schweinsteiger>Rakitic
Martinez>Busquets
Alaba>Alba
Lahm>Alves
Boateng>Vermalen
Pique>Dante
Neuer> Ter Stegen

Pep seems to see Martinez more as a defender than a DM, so I don't think comparing him to Busquets is the right comparison. I'd like it if he actually played Martinez there rather than Lahm, but he hasn't done that really.

Robben vs Suarez and Iniesta vs Muller are debatable imo.

For me, the better team depends on how they play rather than what the players are. I don't think Guardiola's style gets the most out of the Bayern players though. With a manager like Ancelotti they would be basically unstoppable imo.
Once again you say debatable, but what do you mean by that. If you think you mean they are on the same level then fair enough, though I obviously disagree.

Firstly Guardila actually did not play Lahm as a defensive midfielder in the last game and he may have finally realised he is better on the right. He seems to want to play Martinez in a three at the back with him stepping forward with the ball, but we won't know now with the injury he suffered.

I don't see how Robben being better than Suarez is debatable. Robben has driven teams to CL finals like he did with Bayern in 2010. He for me was the best player in the last world cup and has dominated the highest level of football.

Iniesta is a different case. He has been on the decline the last couple of years where as Muller has been a key part in winning everything in the last two years: two Bundesliga titles, two cups, the CL, the club world championship, the super cup and the world cup.

Why exactly do you feel that it is debatable between those four players. The last couple of years don't seem to suggest anything of the sort.

supercrystal7 said:
Once again you say debatable, but what do you mean by that. If you think you mean they are on the same level then fair enough, though I obviously disagree.

Firstly Guardila actually did not play Lahm as a defensive midfielder in the last game and he may have finally realised he is better on the right. He seems to want to play Martinez in a three at the back with him stepping forward with the ball, but we won't know now with the injury he suffered.

I don't see how Robben being better than Suarez is debatable. Robben has driven teams to CL finals like he did with Bayern in 2010. He for me was the best player in the last world cup and has dominated the highest level of football.

Iniesta is a different case. He has been on the decline the last couple of years where as Muller has been a key part in winning everything in the last two years: two Bundesliga titles, two cups, the CL, the club world championship, the super cup and the world cup.

Why exactly do you feel that it is debatable between those four players. The last couple of years don't seem to suggest anything of the sort.

What I mean is that one player is not clearly better than the other. I think you should judge players based on how they actually play more than what they've done. Some players have the benefit of playing in great teams surrounded by great players while others haven't had that chance yet.

Suarez hasn't really had the opportunity to perform on the biggest stages like Robben has. But there's no doubt who had a better season last year - Suarez scored or set up 52 goals in 33 matches. Very few players have ever had a season that good, so implying that it's obvious that Robben is far better is totally flawed imo.

Muller, though one of my favorite players, hasn't reached the kind of level that Iniesta was at a couple of years ago. Yes, Iniesta is perhaps on the decline at this stage but again it's not without doubt that Muller is better.

GHoddle said:
supercrystal7 said:

What I mean is that one player is not clearly better than the other. I think you should judge players based on how they actually play more than what they've done. Some players have the benefit of playing in great teams surrounded by great players while others haven't had that chance yet.

Suarez hasn't really had the opportunity to perform on the biggest stages like Robben has. But there's no doubt who had a better season last year - Suarez scored or set up 52 goals in 33 matches. Very few players have ever had a season that good, so implying that it's obvious that Robben is far better is totally flawed imo.

Muller, though one of my favorite players, hasn't reached the kind of level that Iniesta was at a couple of years ago. Yes, Iniesta is perhaps on the decline at this stage but again it's not without doubt that Muller is better.
I disagree that someone has to be far better than someone for it to be clear that one is better than the other. Sometimes the gap could be small, but when one player has constantly been that bit better then the it becomes clear one is better.

Well you cannot give Suarez credit for things he has not achieved. Robben not only has destroyed the smaller teams, but has also the destroyed the biggest and best teams on the biggest occasions. Robben still had a great season last year. Destroying Spain, scoring the winning goal in the cup against Dortmund, the goal against Arsenal etc. I also would say that Robben is far harder to deal with in the big occasions. Chelsea were able to keep Suarez quite, but Robben has managed to be a huge threat no matter the team he has come up against.

What has Iniesta done in the last couple of years to put him above Muller. I think too often people like to praise bigger name player, but Iniesta has not played for a poor team either. What has he done for Spain in the last year? Compare that with Muller and the Germans. Barca have won one cup in the last few years and have beaten Real Madrid and City of note. Muller may not have the silky skills of Iniesta, but he definitely has the better numbers over the last few years and has decided more games whether by getting the vital assist or goal. In addition Muller puts in an incredible shift defensively, which Iniesta has lost in the last couple of years.

supercrystal7 said:
I disagree that someone has to be far better than someone for it to be clear that one is better than the other. Sometimes the gap could be small, but when one player has constantly been that bit better then the it becomes clear one is better.

Well you cannot give Suarez credit for things he has not achieved. Robben not only has destroyed the smaller teams, but has also the destroyed the biggest and best teams on the biggest occasions. Robben still had a great season last year. Destroying Spain, scoring the winning goal in the cup against Dortmund, the goal against Arsenal etc. I also would say that Robben is far harder to deal with in the big occasions. Chelsea were able to keep Suarez quite, but Robben has managed to be a huge threat no matter the team he has come up against.

What has Iniesta done in the last couple of years to put him above Muller. I think too often people like to praise bigger name player, but Iniesta has not played for a poor team either. What has he done for Spain in the last year? Compare that with Muller and the Germans. Barca have won one cup in the last few years and have beaten Real Madrid and City of note. Muller may not have the silky skills of Iniesta, but he definitely has the better numbers over the last few years and has decided more games whether by getting the vital assist or goal. In addition Muller puts in an incredible shift defensively, which Iniesta has lost in the last couple of years.

I don't see why we would only look one year into the past. Iniesta was a crucial part of the Spain team that won 2 euros and a world cup in the last 6 years, and the Barca team which won the CL twice and La Liga multiple times. And he's still a fantastic player, at his best shits all over Muller (who I also think is excellent though), the only reason there is even a comparison is because Iniesta isn't quite as good as he was a year or two ago. Muller has gotten important goals in matches, but Iniesta has totally dominated and orchestrated matches against great teams.

Also any player can be nullified really. Chelsea also handled Robben effectively when they won the CL. But like I said, I'm not going off accomplishments, I'm going off what I see when I watch games. Suarez is a world class player, undoubdtedly one of the best in the world even though he hasn't done it on the big stage like Robben has. But that's not what we're talking about. We're asking who is the better football player, and there is no obvious answer to that, though I would probably argue that Suarez is better. But I wouldn't be right or wrong really, I think it is a subjective notion and depends upon what qualities you value in a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.