FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BJL_City, 13 Feb 2018.

1. rnblade

rnblade

Delph and VK looked rusty. Otherwise we were great. We squandered a few but still scored 4, lucky not to concede penalty.
    A good platform to rest a few key players in the home leg.

2. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

3. andyhinch

andyhinch

I'm know though out the civilised word and America for my consoling attributes.

4. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Yes.I wasn1`t trying to be negative in my thoughts,just merely saying that with a bit more thoughtfulness at times we really could have seen them off 0 -5 or even 0-6,but then at times I`m too much of a perfectionist.
    As you say the team spirit is wonderful and that was confirmed by Vinnie in his match day analysis.

5. FogBlueInSanFran

FogBlueInSanFran

Why have a discussion with someone who has already made up his mind that our defense is shite because we "almost" gave up goals in a Champions League match we won away FOUR TO FUCKING NIL?

See, the way it works is, the team that scores the most goals in an actual match -- not the hypothetical one you appear to want to discuss -- wins.

If you want to start a Post-Hypothetical-Match-I-Made-Up-In-My-Head Where-City-Lose-To-Basel thread, be my guest. My prediction: it'll have one post in it.

6. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Oh I say !!

7. BigOscar

BigOscar

Does make you wonder how United lost to them doesn't it? Because we've just smashed them while barely getting out of third gear, while using the game as a training excerise for players returning from injury. Shame they didn't get Shaktar in this round so we could see how it would have gone if the tides were turned

8. super_city_si

super_city_si

Sergio's. It was like Sergio from 4 years ago, he used to regularly bang one in the corner from 20yards. Showed how on form he is right now

9. steviemc

steviemc

I so enjoyed the situation in my local pub tonight. The Rag fans were sat right in front of the screens to watch the City game. How bizarrre? I first thought that they were hoping for a City loss, however they stayed right until the end. Obviously they were mesmerised by exquisite football. How the tide has turned - karma is a beautiful thing!

10. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

It seems @80s Shorts, @BigOscar, I, and a few others warmed up the crowd for you—we have been making the same point but didn’t get the same reception.

It’s all in the delivery and you’ve got it. ;-)