FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Eyed Screamer

Apparently, FCUM have a shortfall of £550K in gathering funds to build their unwanted (by local Moston residents) 5000 capacity stadium.
So hard up Manchester city council are prepared to loan FCUM the half million shortfall AND are also leasing the land off to FCUM - TWELVE AND A HALF ACRES - and the land has been valued at the sum of £1 - yes ONE POUND for 12.5 acres they will only charge them £1 a year in rent!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/RonaldJohnson.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downl ... ohnson.pdf</a>

Nice to know that when the lollipop men and women are being laid off, meals on wheels and other care workers and services to the most vulnerable being cut, the council have been able to give a semi professional football club with shareholders, a total sum of £1.3m - 550K of it a loan and also give them a green area of land for the sum of £1.

This whole situation has been rigged from the start and is frankly, quite scandalous.

Re: Manchester City Council Loan FC United £550K and.....

it's a loan so i'm presuming they have to pay it back ?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
bobmcfc said:

Yes, £550K of it is - but how long do you think that will take to repay? And how many services will be cut due to lack of funding during that time?

£1 a week ?

bobmcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
bobmcfc said:

Yes, £550K of it is - but how long do you think that will take to repay? And how many services will be cut due to lack of funding during that time?

£1 a week ?

I could laugh at that, apart from something inside me says it will probably be true!

Makes me laugh..... the Splitters call Eastlands 'The Council House', yet here they are leasing the land off the council and paying an annual rent and now they are also to be in debt to the tune of £550,000 - in debt just like big brother owned by The Glazer's that they despised - oh the irony!!!!!

A very strange decision.

Any true and loyal supporter of man shited would have nothing to do with this lot and must now be appalled the council are helping them as much as they are.

Supporters are the voters, and they are pissing off a very large part of society who vote - the football fan.

If I were a Manchester resident I would be asking my councillor why, if all these cuts they have imposed are really necessary, they can find over half a million quid for something that is, to put it mildly, non-essential.

It's 5 minutes walk from me this cunting stadium, (or planned stadium that should be). Anyone who knows the location will know that parking for a match attracting a thousand or so punters is going to be a fucking nightmare. They play Sunday league matches there at the minute, and St Mary's Road becomes a fucker at times, and that's just for 40 or so players and spectators. If that becomes a thousand on a match day for FCUoM, fuck that for a laugh. Also, if they play on Sundays alot of the church goers park around there too. Its going to be hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.