FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - Judicial Review, objection defeated :( (p 72)

dukie said:
The Court of Appeal have refused permission for the 'No' Campaign to be granted another appeal hearing.

The above was in writing, so they can still waste even more time and make an oral plea instead.

Well done to the CoA for making the correct decision, and hopefully they will quash any more ridiculousness that's submitted by these No Campaign neanderthals.

Nice to see your opinion of people who have a different point of view to your own (and are prepared to fight for their point of view on principle) is deemed ''ridiculousness'.
Remember, you are a fan of a club born out of a protest movement. Some people thought your abandoning of your traditional club and forming a new club 'on a point of principle' was 'ridiculousness', you clearly didn't though.

There is a train of thought that any delay may affect funding awarded to FC United in that some grants are time sensitive (no idea whether that is correct or not) and also the longer it takes the chances are associated costs of building will go up.... again, no idea if that is correct. But if that is what it takes for the development to cease (rather than the plans be defeated through legal channels), then that is fine by those local people fighting the plans.
By any means necessary.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
dukie said:
The Court of Appeal have refused permission for the 'No' Campaign to be granted another appeal hearing.

The above was in writing, so they can still waste even more time and make an oral plea instead.

Well done to the CoA for making the correct decision, and hopefully they will quash any more ridiculousness that's submitted by these No Campaign neanderthals.

Nice to see your opinion of people who have a different point of view to your own (and are prepared to fight for their point of view on principle) is deemed ''ridiculousness'.
Remember, you are a fan of a club born out of a protest movement. Some people thought your abandoning of your traditional club and forming a new club 'on a point of principle' was 'ridiculousness', you clearly didn't though.

There is a train of thought that any delay may affect funding awarded to FC United in that some grants are time sensitive (no idea whether that is correct or not) and also the longer it takes the chances are associated costs of building will go up.... again, no idea if that is correct. But if that is what it takes for the development to cease (rather than the plans be defeated through legal channels), then that is fine by those local people fighting the plans.
By any means necessary.

I am sorry M.E.S. but you fail to see the bigger picture. fcum were a protest movement but that does not give others the right to protest about anything fcum might want. Hell if we let people think they are in a democracy where they are allowed to object where would fcum be ! In fact it would be ridiculousness. How can you have world domination if people are allowed to protest what ridiculousness.

dukie said:

Lets get this straight i am a football fan like you and i understand you wanting a stadium and agree that you should have your own stadium but what annoys me is the constant pushing of its all about the COMMUNITY as though suddenly Moston will be unindated with 1800 FC fans all running round doing community work when the vast majority of FC fans dont give a toss about the local community because for them its ALL about the stadium.
There are good people at FC who carry out community and charity work but as always these are small in number and are always the same people, so my argument is why should i sit around and watch the council give away a GREEN space to a club who's majority of fans don't give a F*** about the local area and people so if that makes me a neanderthal then so be it.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
dukie said:

Lets get this straight i am a football fan like you and i understand you wanting a stadium and agree that you should have your own stadium but what annoys me is the constant pushing of its all about the COMMUNITY as though suddenly Moston will be unindated with 1800 FC fans all running round doing community work when the vast majority of FC fans dont give a toss about the local community because for them its ALL about the stadium.
There are good people at FC who carry out community and charity work but as always these are small in number and are always the same people, so my argument is why should i sit around and watch the council give away a GREEN space to a club who's majority of fans don't give a F*** about the local area and people so if that makes me a neanderthal then so be it.
Moston will be a vision of loveliness and happiness with all the community work being undertaken - whitewashing picket fences, helping old ladies cross the road etc.

the_turncoat.jpg

Re: FC United - Local residents apply for an Oral Hearing (p 77)

Not too up on the full facts, but RURA (Residents United Residents Association) have applied for an ''Oral Hearing'' - having been refused an appeal against the High Court ruling in favour of the planned development in January.
Today, 6th March, is the last day the Oral Hearing could have been requested.
Will pass on more details if I get them - no idea about timescales or legal process on this new development.
If anyone would like to contribute to RURA's ''fighting fund'' for this Oral Hearing, please drop me a PM.
Thanks

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Not too up on the full facts, but RURA (Residents United Residents Association) have applied for an ''Oral Hearing'' - having been refused an appeal against the High Court ruling in favour of the planned development in January.
Will pass on more details if I get them - no idea about timescales or legal process on this new development.
If anyone would like to contribute to RURA's ''fighting fund'' for this Oral Hearing, please drop me a PM. Thanks

Now I might be missing something here but why do you need a"fighting fund" when you have legal aid to cover the costs?

hami said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
If anyone would like to contribute to RURA's ''fighting fund'' for this Oral Hearing, please drop me a PM. Thanks

Now I might be missing something here but why do you need a"fighting fund" when you have legal aid to cover the costs?

Hami yes you are missing something but instead of fishing for answers on here how about asking your own elected members and legal team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.