FC United Thread

As a Salford Blue myself I have no affinity to that club and the presence of the Crass of 92 has put the final nail in it.
o
I think the problem (if that is the word) with Salford City and the general Salford public is their location. Right on the wealthy Broughton / Prestwich border, it isn't the Salford of Ewan MacColl / Dirty Old Town of Ordsal, Weaste and Pendleton and from those districts to Moor Lane public transport means going into Manchester and out again (correct me if that has changed) which is why there is little affinity to the club (that have survived for decades on a budget and North West Counties League football).

100% record. Played 3 lost 3.
1,656 there. They need (I think) 2,500 to break even and that is 2 home games this season both with 1,600 attendances.

Going to be a big white elephant in Moston soon....
I might set up a rugby league team to play there once the Rags have disappeared. Just need a backer haha

I don't have a problem with Salford City apart from the change of shirt colour. That's it really. I don't care who the owners are as I see it they've put decent money into a club that was deeply rooted in the shite. The ground is now decent and long-standing Salford City fans have got a chance to dream. I know a few City lads who have been going to Moor Lane for donkey's years and they were glad when the future of the club was secured by the new investment. Sure they're pissed off about the fact they now play in red, who wouldn't be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.