FC United thread

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Mayor West, 21 Apr 2015.

1. roman totale

roman totale

The mini-scum were very lucky. Radcliffe were the better side and missed a load of chances to win it.

2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Joint bottom after 4 games. Brilliant. Keep falling down those leagues!

3. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    Played 6 - won 1, drawn 2, lost 3.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, what sort of crowds are they getting now?

4. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

They beat somebody !! Hell the other team must have been really shit, or didn't turn up.

BrianW likes this.
  5. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

Went past Pallet Park last week on my way to the Etihad .... they were all going in, couldn't resist opening the windows and shouting SPLITTERS!!!!!

6. manclad

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
    As part of my new duties as a volunteer dog walker at Manchester Dogs Home,I have ended up walking off Moston Vale and then along Monsall Road towards Oldham road.
    And on the left hand side of Monsall Road is a huge swathe of land where the old Monsall Hospital grounds were. It is all fenced off now,and getting very overgrown,full of trees and buses.
    This plot of land is where FCUM should have built there new stadium,plenty of space for a 5000 seater stadium and associated car parking etc. Hardly any neighbours to annoy/disturb/make complaints etc. Easy access to Oldham Road one way,and Rochdale Road the other way. Walk back into town in 20 minutes or so,and their very own Metrolink stop at Monsall.
    The Councillors who pushed to use parkland on Broadhurst Fields should hang their heads in shame.

Ding Dong likes this.
  7. ancoats

ancoats

i think that site was the home of united when they was newton heath ?? remember when at moston brook high school they say it was the home of united on a plaque ???

8. manclad

manclad

Moston Brook high School was where GMP HQ is now,along with the offices on the other side of the road(Fujitsu etc.)
    United had a few homes in the late 19th Century,(as did City) the most well known one was Bank Street,and that was situated on what is now the public car park of The Velodrome.
    The land/field I am talking about was where Monsall Hospital used to be situated for around 100 years. It closed in 1993 apparently.

9. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

That land must be really contaminated. Someone would have built on it by now.

10. manclad

manclad

Yes I was thinking that myself. Yet it has not been used as an isolation hospital for over 25 years. With the price of land these days you would think that some business would invest in decontamination of this land and then make a tidy profit when selling it on.