FC United Thread

2016.... With more than 5,000 members, 2,200 season ticket holders and an average attendance of 3,500.

2021...Average around 1,300 this season.
A short summary of the FC Unitid story
fat-lady.gif

Out of interest are the councillors who backed them to take over the land still in power or were they removed at the earliest possible opportunity.
The 3 councilors at the time were:
Paul Murphy
Henry Cooper (not that one)
Rita Tavenor

Henry Cooper did the decent thing and resigned from the Labour Party as a result of the decision to allow the land to be built on. He stood as an independent councillor at the next election but as ever.....Labour voters only vote for Labour so he was gone.....

Paul Murphy became Mayor after the permission was granted and then retired having sold his constituents down the Dean Brook...

Rita Tavenor was a sly one..... kept telling protesters that she understood / supported our view point etc etc and a week before the decision was to be taken, I sussed out that her husband was the Principal of North Manchester College - the very college that were running educational courses for the Rag Socks academy kids run by the then Rag Socks manager Karl Marginson..... So in a nutshell, her husband's college employed the Rag Socks manager to run the clubs academy and needed the proposal to build the stadium in order for the academy to continue via being funded through North Manchester College.
Once exposed via social media she went very quiet.
At the day of the hearing, all 3 councilors spoke in the town hall prior to the decision.... Cooper was against it, Murphy was for it and Tavenor had to admit that there was a clash of interests via her personal life and professional life and kept her mouth shut as a result. Had I not discovered that link between her husband and the Rag Socks she would never have held her hand up to there being a clash of interest.
She too retired at the 2013 election

Last edited:
The 3 councilors at the time were:
Paul Murphy
Henry Cooper (not that one)
Rita Tavenor

Henry Cooper did the decent thing and resigned from the Labour Party as a result of the decision to allow the land to be built on. He stood as an independent councillor at the next election but as ever.....Labour voters only vote for Labour so he was gone.....

Paul Murphy became Mayor after the permission was granted and then retired having sold his constituents down the Dean Brook...

Rita Tavenor was a sly one..... kept telling protesters that she understood / supported our view point etc etc and a week before the decision was to be taken, I sussed out that her husband was the Principal of North Manchester College - the very college that were running educational courses for the Rag Socks academy kids run by the then Rag Socks manager Karl Marginson..... So in a nutshell, her husband's college employed the Rag Socks manager to run the clubs academy and needed the proposal to build the stadium in order for the academy to continue via being funded through North Manchester College.
Once exposed via social media she went very quiet.
At the day of the hearing, all 3 councilors spoke in the town hall prior to the decision.... Cooper was against it, Murphy was for it and Tavenor had to admit that there was a clash of interests via her personal life and professional life and kept her mouth shut as a result. Had I not discovered that link between her husband and the Rag Socks she would never have held her hand up to there being a clash of interest.
She too retired at the 2013 election

the whole lot of them took money ? the so called fan built club with its board members used charities and donations for their own lifestyle and took the money that was not theirs ? there should have been a major police investigation after the audit found out what was going on but i think nobody was prosecuted and it was covered up

the whole lot of them took money ? the so called fan built club with its board members used charities and donations for their own lifestyle and took the money that was not theirs ? there should have been a major police investigation after the audit found out what was going on but i think nobody was prosecuted and it was covered up
It was pure Orwell's Animal Farm

All members are equal, but some are more equal than others....

It was pure Orwell's Animal Farm

All members are equal, but some are more equal than others....

they would sell their mothers if they haven't all ready

i feel the the rest on the non league teams that don't get the help like fcum get from the manchester city council
the truth is they fucked it up and took the money that was given to them by charities and city council and put it in their own pockets to fund their lifestyles. they should be made to stand on their own 2 feet of go bust ? no more helping hand by the council

Never really got those that supported the breakaway club whilst at the same time still "supported" the club they apparently broke away from. Cant imagine AFC Wimbledon fans supporting MK Dons.

that's the point i never understood ? clearly they never broke away from big brother because they sing about manchester city and leeds and liverpool ? if they hated any club it should be united ?

i know loads of the turn coats that still have season tickets at united and still go to games ?
what is its they don't understand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.