FC United Thread

I took my son and his friends who watch Radcliffe Borough at their recent game at the pallet Stadium and was talking to a couple of their fans. They both work in audit type roles and were very worried about the financial situation within the club and said it has been run like a ponzi scheme for some time and we know how they all end up!!
Is the answer 'the council will give them more money ?

I wonder how many FCUM fans actually reside within the city of Manchester itself ( so that they are eligible to vote in local council elections)?
I bet less than a third,and the other two- thirds are nothing to do with Manchester at all.
There was a bloke who stood against the stadium at the local election when the stadium was being proposed, standing in the Moston ward.
The problem he had was going up Moston Lane or Lightbowne Road and reaching Nuthurst Road - where Pallet Park is - you then enter Charlestown Ward, so only half of the local people living around there had a protest vote to vote for.
Protesters gained signatures from local houses.....FCUM gained them from shoppers in Asda, Harpurhey - shoppers from Blackley, Harpurhey, Monsall not living in the vacinity of the ground.
They bragged how many more signatures they had than the protesters had. So 2 successive trips down to Mary D's on match day soon sorted that out ha ha ha ha

You only have to look at their flags on display to see where there fan base comes from.....

I wonder how many FCUM fans actually reside within the city of Manchester itself ( so that they are eligible to vote in local council elections)?
I bet less than a third,and the other two- thirds are nothing to do with Manchester at all.
Fair enough so it begs the question why they lent/gave them so much in the years past. No other club within the Manchester area has had so much help from the council.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.