FC United Thread

how long before its turned back into green fields

this should have never happen and the move to moston was wrong and the council should have not got involved they had other options and why the manchester city council help them out when they did not need to with being a so called self run fan club they should have paid for it themselves or ground share with somebody (i shake my head)

its always going to be a piss poor club and will need money to run that's football at lower levels nobody wan't to know and only a small community in moston could ever love them but they piss all over them when building the ground and locals hate them so that line is shot so back to square one

FC have been slapped with a £17k bill from the council for roadworks at the entrance during the ground build. It appears Andy Walsh agreed with the council that the club should pay at the time. However there is no paperwork for this and nobody knows about it. From what I've seen on the forum they don't have the money. Maybe they should apply for a grant..........
This is either bollocks or someone at the council should be fucked over for not getting it in writing. How are they going to afford new paint for more bus lanes if the debtors don't cough up?

Just a couple of comments on their forum

"Are we really in danger of going under?"

"In a word, yes, and we will go under without a massive effort to fix things either through a monumental voluntary fundraising effort from everybody (unlikely given the fact a hefty portion of BP still refuse to accept what has happened and those responsible for it) or by making some very difficult and painful decisions about how the club is run i.e. Bumping up ticket prices or the like"

I'm all seriousness a few of you will know I opposed the stadium build (as a Moston resident at the time of the planning application) for a few reasons (and not because I am a blue) and one of the reasons was i could see the club folding and the stadium being a white elephant.
The club was built on sand with no solid foundations. They applied for money left right and centre to get grants for this community project and that community project.
Having worked in the voluntary sector for 20 years before emigrating, I know there are only so many applications you can apply for and only so many out there available to apply for. Eventually you run out of funding opportunities and when they happens you are fucked.
They were never going to survive on gate money alone. This club has existed via a hell of a lot of public money. How Alty or Abbey Hey would have loved a quarter of how much The Moston Rag Socks have received from the tax payer......
There are some genuine hard working volunteers who have put a lot of effort into the club but sadly they have been taken for a ride by those running the club who have self served themselves the past few years and bailed out when their little schemes were cottoned onto and their actions have fucked the whole club over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.