FCUM fans urged to invest

carlos92 said:
wodda said:
...and lets not list them.

I think the majority of your post I can agree with. The regime at United had irked me a lot, you and other fans go on about the crowd at OT as if its the proper fans fault. Believe me, I and many others, cant stand the modern OT crowd and i'll go as far as saying I take the p1ss out of them more than most on here. Thats the modern game though isn;t it, that the game Sky and all the other media outlets have finally got, the middle class, family show, bring the family, smile youre on skycam. I hate what footballs become, and at FCUM I get a sense of what it used to be like...as one of our songs goes...

Under the boardwalk
Watching FC
There'll be no knobheads in jesterhats or sky tv
And still sing about City :)
I've gone off on a bit of a tangent in this post I know

Ha, thats a different song Carlos92...

Won't pay glazer or work for sky,
We still sing city's gonna die,
2 united's but the soul is 1,
As the busby babes carry on

All still banter though, been going on for years, long may it continue, what's football without it

wodda said:

Ha, thats a different song Carlos92...

Won't pay glazer or work for sky,
We still sing city's gonna die,
2 united's but the soul is 1,
As the busby babes carry on

All still banter though, been going on for years, long may it continue, what's football without it

Maybe but it is still a big ask for you to raise necessary funds.

wodda said:

I think the majority of your post I can agree with. The regime at United had irked me a lot, you and other fans go on about the crowd at OT as if its the proper fans fault. Believe me, I and many others, cant stand the modern OT crowd and i'll go as far as saying I take the p1ss out of them more than most on here. Thats the modern game though isn;t it, that the game Sky and all the other media outlets have finally got, the middle class, family show, bring the family, smile youre on skycam. I hate what footballs become, and at FCUM I get a sense of what it used to be like...as one of our songs goes...

Under the boardwalk
Watching FC

No in fact I think its the best post you've made, though you do seem to miss the irony that FCUM have only got where they are through the money generated by having crowds 1000 times the size of the clubs you were playing against.

There are many football fans at all clubs, who despise what SKY have turned football into, the difference is I couldn't turn my back on City because of outside influences, (though I'll admit that being owned by glazer might have pushed me close, just like Hicks/Gillet/Learner). The difference with our new owner is he genuinely wants to create a winning club, he's not using us to launder money, or create money for himself by creating debt he can sell on at profit, he's pretty unique, and I just feel lucky he found city.

Its still the club I've followed since I was about 6 deep down, we just got lucky, like your neighbour who wins the lottery, and no amount of mercenary footballers can ever change that, if we finally do find a way to win something, I'll take it as pay back for the years of utter rubbish I've endured, and I'll celebrate like you probably did when you finally started winning stuff again in 1990 or whatever year it was.

cleavers said:
wodda said:

Under the boardwalk
Watching FC

No in fact I think its the best post you've made, though you do seem to miss the irony that FCUM have only got where they are through the money generated by having crowds 1000 times the size of the clubs you were playing against.

There are many football fans at all clubs, who despise what SKY have turned football into, the difference is I couldn't turn my back on City because of outside influences, (though I'll admit that being owned by glazer might have pushed me close, just like Hicks/Gillet/Learner). The difference with our new owner is he genuinely wants to create a winning club, he's not using us to launder money, or create money for himself by creating debt he can sell on at profit, he's pretty unique, and I just feel lucky he found city.

Its still the club I've followed since I was about 6 deep down, we just got lucky, like your neighbour who wins the lottery, and no amount of mercenary footballers can ever change that, if we finally do find a way to win something, I'll take it as pay back for the years of utter rubbish I've endured, and I'll celebrate like you probably did when you finally started winning stuff again in 1990 or whatever year it was.

I'm from the east manchester area, if youre owner wants to build a whole new area and turn what essentially is a sh1thole area into a thriving, good looking part of the city...bring it on. With regards to the money he puts into City itself, of course its only gonna be a matter of time before they win something. Theres still a united fan in me though so I just hope that they're still up there challenging and if not then they we had a pretty mint run at it, if it does end though I could accept it as its not what we did on the pitch that will be our downfall but matters off it, no one could take that away.

Anyway, lets cut the overly friendly crap before I lose you a lot of friends on here

They can say and do what they want they're all "big rags" at heart....just watch them when the "parent club" are in with a chance of winning something.

Take the moral plaudits of "supporting grass roots football" while deep down still being able to revel in reflective glory if it all goes tits up.
How convenient.
How typical.

Hopefully the council will see sense and turn this application down, so that we don't have to suffer a load of confused little twin-club rats hanging around and picking off old blokes and kids after match days at CoMs.

RBmk2 said:
They can say and do what they want they're all "big rags" at heart....just watch them when the "parent club" are in with a chance of winning something.

So you are saying that Rags are not even in a winning chance for anything right now? Come on there is banter and then there is just idiotic bullshit. You do realize that they have won a couple of things recently right?

What on earth have FCUM of Bury contributed to Manchester? In fact I'd argue that they've been detrimental to grass roots football, had they a real interest in it they would have gone and supported one of the many non league sides in the area with long and proud histories that've have struggled for years. MUFC used their financial muscle and media influence for years to build their brand. Guess what? FCUM did the same. They're cut from the same cloth as their big brothers, just ask the Altrincham fans that had to put up with them.
What do they propose to do for the people of Manchester to warrant millions of pounds of Sports development money largely generated via the turnstiles at COMS? The hypocrites will still idiot on about the council house is what they'll do. No doubt the facility will become a handy clubhouse for the MIB's.

I hope that serious questions are asked of MCC, that they turn the grant request down flat and that FCUM of Bury die a quick yet painful death.

wodda said:
BlueMoonraker said:
What I don't understand is the fact that they still support United and United supporters look out for FCUM's results! What's all that about?

I can give a reasonable answer to this (as someone who was part of the break away club, but who has since lost a lot of interest in the game in general) if you'll allow me

Basically, and apologies if I appear pedantic by stating the obvious, FCUM was formed as a direct result of the Glazer takeover. Many of the die hard fans of United refused to give money to the club any longer well aware that the club was now owned by one man who had the power to do with that money what he liked. It was not a statement that we're turning our back on the club completely, just that we refuse to pay any more money into the club so that includes boycotting matches. As a result these many fans for whom football has been a huge part of their lives were left with no fix of the sport to watch live, which is where FCUM comes in. Its not meant to be a rival club to United, just a way of fans to carry on watching football at weekends.

To answer your question 'why do they still look out for United results' well its simple, they're still United fans, every one of them. If this is hard to understand then i'll put this hypothetical question to you (and it is only hypothetical of course because your owners are so great)...

If you felt you were forced into a similar situation where you couldn't bring yourself to go watch your team live anymore, and was part of a breakaway club as a protest to this, would you turn your back on City completely?

They aren't from Manchester, they have never been from Manchester.

-- Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 am --

wodda said:
cleavers said:
I'm guessing that's aimed at my reply ?

Well believe me I've never been concerned about FCUM, that doesn't mean I couldn't follow it with interest, see I also follow a real local team (from afar these days). You've not replaced anyone in grass roots football by the way.

As for a ground 'given' to us, that will be the ground we still give receipts above 34,000 to the (Manchester City) council will it ? Given my arse.

As for the rest of your rant, you've (sorry I mean united, not FCUM) been paying silly money for 2 decades in wages and transfer fees, while we were deep in the shit, spending zip on rubbish, forgive me if I don't mind while we play catch up, now we can.

Yeah we have, but in that time we've been a successful club, surely its common sense that if you achieve more than other teams then you should be stronger financially. I'm sorry we never adopted a policy of 'right we've won a few trophies now, lets let others have a crack at it and take a step back'

And a lot of city fans throw the Keane situation up when they try and justify the wages they are paying, in my opinion there's no comparison. At the time Keane was our captain, the most important player in the team who had a had a big say in a lot we had achieved up until that point. And his new wages of 50k a week (without researching it) i'm guessing were probably 10k more maybe than what the average was at the time. A big difference imo than bringing in a brand new player, who has done nothing for your team yet and paying him nearly double what the rest of the league is on...but you can afford to do it so fair play, just don't bring out the same crap of 'you started it' the situations are completely different

You lot (senior rags) have been sucking on the tit of Plattini's closed shop for
years, ensuring that other clubs could never compete financially. Don't bother
with the arguement that you won the league etc, the point is , that like the rest
of the so called big 4 you were handed a huge advantage which made sure other
clubs couldn't compete. You were the first club to float on the stock market
thanks to the poisoner and haven't hestitated to bleed your supporters dry.
Earned it ? don't make me laugh.

I'll be taking the piss out of one of the people sitting in front of the microphones earlier today this coming weekend, oh yes.

Married to a blue, and goes to the games with them, and there they were, supporting them.

I never knew, though I do now.

Heh Heh.

wodda said:
cleavers said:
Yes it was formed as a protest about the glazers, I never said otherwise, but it wasn't the only reason, and you know that as well as I do. A number of united fans saw what was coming under glazer, unlike most who just saw it as more money to dominate with, so fair play to them for that, however you basically bullied your way through the lowest leagues, with pots of money, compared to others, and ironically you now complain about City doing this. Different league I know, but that's not our fault, champions league money is what distorted football so badly right across europe.

I am well aware of the goings on pre glazer, and how quite a number of united fans already hated the regime at united, glazer gave them the ideal opportunity to jump, and start up their new plaything, where they could go on tour, get drunk, and generally bully small clubs. I'm sure many enjoyed it, because it was a certain element of united fans that did it. Despite the anti glazer ideals, many never gave up their season cards though, and still to this day are season card holders, its a myth that 5000 just up and left never to return, but we all know how many myth's exist around Manchester football.

Under the boardwalk
Watching FC

You chat absolute bollocks mate.

Lots of clubs have financial difficulties and are run by cnuts e.g. Pompey...but do you see them fucking off and creating new football clubs? No, although 'your' situation is different to Pompey's....you are and pompey are to an extent, still run by what you consider as 'cancers'.

You didn't win the premier league for a few seasons so blamed the Glazers (before they even had chance to do things their way!) and fucked off and created FCUM (Bury)

Now answer me this...if you had won the prem in all them 3 seasons, would have you fucked off and made FCUM?

The answer is obviously no...you're just a bunch of deluded idiots, few years without winning the league? pmsl, try 35 years without a major trophy.

That's the way I see it anyway, you and other Blues may disagree with me but the few seasons without the prem comment is straight from the horses mouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.