FCUM Looking At Newton Heath (just down the road)

Re: FC United of Bury's new ground

Immaculate Pasta said:
FC United of Manchester has announced plans to develop a football ground in Newton Heath, Manchester - the birthplace of Manchester United.

The supporter-owned club, established when the Glazer family took over Manchester United in May 2005, is proposing to include new and renovated community sports facilities and a multi-function community space at the 5,000-capacity stadium.

The club wants to provide state of the art facilities that will create new investment in the area and opportunities for local people in sports participation and physical activity, youth inclusion, education, health, employment and a range of other services.

The site for the development is the existing Ten Acres Lane sports centre, which is owned by Manchester City Council.

FC United, New East Manchester and Manchester City Council have been working closely over the past two years to develop the plans and consultation will now progress with local residents, community groups and FC United members who own the club.

FC United is working to secure the finance for the £3.5m development, which will include a public appeal for donations, a Community Shares issue and grant funding.

Club General Manager Andy Walsh said: “We are delighted to be able to make this announcement and discussions with the council have been very positive to date. The significance of this location is historical while it will also showcase a new model of facility development, based on football supporter ownership and community involvement.”

Manchester City Council’s Executive Member for Culture and Leisure, Cllr Mike Amesbury, said: “We have been supportive of this development to date and we are pleased to now take it to the next stage. While there is a way to go yet we feel that this will have significant local community benefits and bring an iconic supporter-owned club to Manchester.”

Eddie Smith, chief executive of urban regeneration company New East Manchester said: "We are working closely with FC United to help achieve their aspirations of acquiring land in Newton Heath for a new football ground. This is still very early stages but we are supportive of their proposals which would bring further regeneration benefits to east Manchester."

FC United hopes the development will be completed in the next two to three years, subject to consultation, funding and planning.

312bbxk.jpg

Imagine if both of us are playing at home on the same day, will be murder. They can fuck off from our lesuire complex when it gets built aswell.
I would have to drive past it twice on each home game as it's on the route to where I park. Why can't they get a ground in Stretford or, better still, Surrey.

Soulboy said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Where the fuck has this sprung up from?

50447p.jpg

This is the closest pub to their "new" ground. Who knew this place exsisted? Anyone been?

It's be funny as fuck if this place was till going like that in 5 years time.

I can't believe any City fan deosn't know this place!

It's been there five years!

It's been there about 105 years you mean. It might have changed it's name from the Gibralter or Gib as it's still known by the locals about 5 years ago.

give them another year or so and they will fold

their gates are dropping and people are losing interest as they are going to miss out on promotion again for the 2nd year on the spin

they thought they would rise through the leagues getting promotion year after year and eventually getting in the football league- now the fools realise this aint going to happen they are going back to watching Norwich City on Sky

We go in the Kippax before every home game and have done since COMS opened. Not a bad boozer but go there more for the easy parking and the quick getaway afterwards. Never known of anybody returning to no car or any damage etc.

If FCUM move to Ten Acre Lane I can see this being their main boozer as it's just round the corner. Can't see them being allowed to play home games when City are at home as the Kippax pub is also full of blues on matchday.

Bcfcgaza said:
FC UNITED 1-5 BPA :)

Ha ha! It was hilarious that they were the first team to lose to Durham City's collection of kids and pub players, the wheels must really be coming off that bandwagon.

Failsworth_Blue said:
I was in the Kippax pub last night, nice pub

I play football every monday at Ten Acre Lane and have done for years so will be gutted if it's going to get demolished to make way for a new ground for FC United

the proposal is for a community facility including artificial pitch etc. the facilities should be enhanced rather than demolished

danburge82 said:
Where are we supposed to stand with FC United!? do we hate them? are they our rivals? do they sing about us? or do they hate United!?

hate them, when i was younger and they just formed and played at hyde i watched my local team play against them. it was sort of a last mintue idea to go and i had a city badge on my trackies.

i was used to fans being separated so i didnt think much about but when we got there it was all mixed, every single fc united fan that looked at me said something like you blue twat or 30 years or some comment. i know it doesn't seem that bad but i was only 13-14 and loads of pissed up football fans shouting at you isn't nice.

ever since i hated them. and yes they sing lots of stuff about city from what i can remember they hate us.

We should buy up there shares, and give them to the Glazers as a gift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.