Fear Factor - Teams scared of us?

After last night's performance, I definitely agree. I would have happily settled for a point last night, but to boss the game as we did was incredible after having to travel in midweek; play in 30 degrees heat and humidity; and then to use mostly the same players who'd put in such a massive shift.

There's an extra fear being generated here by the fact that we've lost Gundo, Mahrez and KDB, Stones + Bernardo currently, but we looked absolutely awesome - retaining the ball like never before and still creating. Newcastle must have thought they were in with a chance of something after their first match, and witha clear week to recover and prepare, but our tired team outran them and toyed with them for most of the match - they managed 1 shot on target - and should have had a player sent off!

So, yes; we've created a definite fear factor.
Be afraid; be very afraid!!!
What a team!
I realised what that the system is bigger than the players. I was so proud we turned up the way we did. Akanji was impressive popping up everywhere and it was like one of those great games picking man match is hard. Foden was star boy for sure but it was shift put in.

When players left I noticed for example Sterling is not like how he performances also team around you helps. Heights reached with us hasn’t been replicated. Emphasis on the collective and egos not coexisting is one of the reasons why we are best in world.

Not sure I'd put the Newcastle game in that bracket. 1) They had a great result last week and a full week to prepare. 2) We've lost two highly influential players in Gundogan and Mahrez. 3) We had injuries to key players in KDB, Bernardo and Stones. 4) We've just had a highly competitive game midweek with very little recovery/preparation time. So Newcastle will have gone into this game full of confidence and fancying their chances. Not sure people have grasped how good that performance/result was and I don't think we should cheapen it by suggesting the opposition were there for the taking.
Best performance I have seen since the Madrid/Bayern game with how switch on the players were and you knew they wanted to win even if we at vulnerable state. Great spirit and very reassuring performance. Reassuring with nerves building til the game and media lapping it up too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.