February 4th 2004...........Spurs 3 City 4

Was at Spring Fair at NEC, left there mid afternoon to meet some mates who had tickets. Parked up in a school car park I think quite near the ground. Not many blues there that night maybe 1500. First half was a total nightmare with Anelka pretending to be injured and then Barton acting like Barton. Some blues left at half time and to be honest I was tempted given that I had to be on a stand at the NEC the next day by 8.30am. Second half you could see the change in the way was playing and even when the first went in you could sense Spurs fans begin to shit themselves. Arni made a great double save from a free kick and we just kept flooding down the other end. SWP was immense and even now I still say he was offside for his goal but who cares. Great drive home listening to the radio with Spurs fans calling in and moaning. Got back to my hotel around 1.00am I think, turned on the TV and Sky was re-running the game. Turned off at about 3.00am. Knackered at the NEC but I went around deliberately seeking out my Spurs supporting clients and just smiling. What a great day!

Anelka pretending to be injured
It was a groin injury, he was out for 4 or 5 weeks. Just because he was able to walk off doesn't mean he wasn't injured, from my own experience walking isn't too uncomfortable with a strained groin muscle but running and turning sharply are a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.