Federico Chiesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was that? Hes also had an injury. If he’s only going for £10m there is a reason for that. Unless they’ve pulled off an Akanji

If we had signed him for the same price, it would be a case of - Txiki is lazy, went for the obvious player from 3 years ago, no scouting, club shouldn't be skimping and paying 12m we should be getting 70m players in, he is not an alvarez replacement, will block development of Bobb etc etc. He signs for Liverpool, and it is anywhere between a shrewd bit of clever business and a transfer masterstroke!

Juve not just want shut of the wage? offer a lower fee, so the buying club will eat the wages

Sorry to say to any detractors because of his injuries but this is like a free player just because of his sell on value even if it doesn't work out, hate to say this but even if he flops big time like Marco Materazzi at Everton in the 90s or Taibi at the rags it won't matter.
The dippers still probably make a profit on him including wages as he's too high profile a player in Italy to lose money on, this is utter madness from Juve's if I supported them I'd rather lose him on a free, imagine they only sold at a cut price to a foreign team to avoid him going to another Italian team.

Sadly this is probably the dippers best signing in years from a financial point of view at least as there's no real risk here, it may as well be a free transfer it doesn't mean he'll be world class and at his best but even if he flops it's brilliant business, even with his previous injury woes I'm scratching my head at the lack of competition for his signature.
He's still potentially world class and if he reignites 75% of what he used to be he'll be a bargain, lots of other teams might be saying why the hell didn't we take a chance on him.

In an age where a good winger is costing teams £50m-£60m this is crazy good value and like I said even if he flops or can't settle, the likes of Inter/AC Milan plus Napoli and a couple others in Italy next year would be happy to pay £20m-£30m for his services.

He's the sort of person I can see after Kvicha Kvaratskhelia leaves Napoli for say £80m then they'll immediately target him, the dippers or nobody else could've lost out by moving for him and taking the gamble on him, if we weren't so stacked with wide talent (two on each side already) I'd have been very happy for us to sign him as a gamble.

He'd still potentially have been a good squad player for us but understand why we haven't moved for him, I'm just a bit gobsmacked the scruffs have been allowed a free run at signing him, without other big teams muscling in and taking a chance at that price.

Last edited:
Sorry to say to any detractors because of his injuries but this is like a free player just because of his sell on value even if it doesn't work out, hate to say this but even if he flops big time like Marco Materazzi at Everton in the 90s or Taibi at the rags it won't matter.
The dippers still probably make a profit on him including wages as he's too high profile a player in Italy to lose money on, this is utter madness from Juve's if I supported them I'd rather lose him on a free, imagine they only sold at a cut price to a foreign team to avoid him going to another Italian team.

Sadly this is probably the dippers best signing in years from a financial point of view at least as there's no real risk here, it may as well be a free transfer it doesn't mean he'll be world class and at his best but even if he flops it's brilliant business, even with his previous injury woes I'm scratching my head at the lack of competition for his signature.
He's still potentially world class and if he reignites 75% of what he used to be he'll be a bargain, lots of other teams might be saying why the hell didn't we take a chance on him.

In an age where a good winger is costing teams£50m-£60m this is crazy good value and like I said even if he flops or can't settle, the likes of Inter/AC Milan plus Napoli and a couple others in Italy next year would be happy to pay £20m-30m for his services.

He's the sort of person I can see after Kvicha Kvaratskhelia leaves Napoli for say £80m then they'll immediately target him, the dippers or nobody else could've lost out by moving for him and taking the gamble on him, if we weren't so stacked with wide talent (tow on each side already) I'd have been very happy for us to sign him as a gamble.

He'd still potentially have been a good squad player for us but understand why we haven't moved for him, I'm just a bit gobsmacked the scruffs have been allowed a free run at signing him, without other big teams muscling in and taking a chance at that price.
Agreed 100%. Chiesa can also play as a No 10, or striker if necessary too. Nothing about this transfer makes sense. Unless he's another Cancelo with a year left on his contract & he's refusing an extension.

Not selling to an Italian rival also makes complete sense. We saw what Spuds did with a want away Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.