Federico Chiesa

I was impressed at the way he seemed to make things happen when he had the ball, and scored a couple of class goals in the tournament. Who knows how he would perform in out line up though.

I’d never heard of him before a few weeks ago. Is he really that good or has he just had a good tournament?

He's halfway through a two-year loan at Juventus with an obligation to buy, so this is never going to happen.

He looked good in the Champions League though. Scored a reasonable number in the league, but not huge numbers. I don't think he's better than what we already have tbh.

Oddly, in contrast to his widely perceived high quality performances at the Euros over the last 3 weeks, his season at Juventus since his arrival 9 months ago has been spotty.

it may well have been because

1) Pirlo was playing him out of position as has been posited by many Juventus fans.

2) it took much longer than expected to transition to the style of play at Juve as opposed to what he had become used to at Fiorentina,

3) Pirlo was out of his depth in terms of how to get the best out of him in different scenarios and he consequently found himself unsure of how he fitted in.

Whatever, he played an invaluable role in for Mancini in terms of his quality performances. Undoubtedly Pirlo’s replacement Allegri, reappointed as head coach last month will get the best out of him, I’m sure of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.