Fellaini and Baines

East Level 2 said:
Graceyboy said:
Not defending utd here about overpaying the Sideshow bob fee, but didnt we just pay 4 mil for demicheles when he was free a fee weeks ago?
But was he still free when Vince picked up his injury?
So you're saying we've signed him for Stoke away? £4.2m for one match!

Because Vincent will be back for Plzeň/United.

Graceyboy said:
Not defending utd here about overpaying the Sideshow bob fee, but didnt we just pay 4 mil for demicheles when he was free a fee weeks ago?

Good point, the difference is that we were in for Pepe and Marqinhos but neither came off. In that time Kompany then became injured and Kolo had never been replaced. I believe Pellegrini has said 'I trust him, go and get him'. For the price it's harsh but he probably got a signing on fee at Athletico and this makes up for that and a bung for them.

Did you know Wigan did the same with Kone last season. IIRC he went to Levante and a week later was sold for a million. Now just been bought for £7m I believe by Everton.

I'd sooner get Demichellis who is la liga team of the year, played in CL and trusted than go with say Ashley Williams from Swansea who would cost £10m and is 30, yet still a punt.

Sky Blue said:
Lumper dumper football then. The Davey way.

Wouldn't it be great?! It reminds me of that very funny post, imagining contract negotiations between "Davy" and "Cesc", put in when the rags first bid for Fabregas, in which Davy kept saying, "no Cesc, when the ball goes over your head, just turn and run towards their box", until "Cesc" replied, "F*** of, Moyes!"

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:09 pm --

Sky Blue said:

Wouldn't it be great?! It reminds me of that very funny post, imagining contract negotiations between "Davy" and "Cesc", put in when the rags first bid for Fabregas, in which Davy kept saying, "no Cesc, when the ball goes over your head, just turn and run towards their box", until "Cesc" replied, "F*** of, Moyes!"

Sky Blue said:

Wouldn't it be great?! It reminds me of that very funny post, imagining contract negotiations between "Davy" and "Cesc", put in when the rags first bid for Fabregas, in which Davy kept saying, "no Cesc, when the ball goes over your head, just turn and run towards their box", until "Cesc" replied, "F*** of, Moyes!"<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm --<br /><br />
Sky Blue said:

Fellani only cost rags 23.5m - Fellani forfieted 4m loyalty payment. So deal was worth 27.5m to Everton.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/426695/Marouane-Fellaini-forfeited-4m-in-cut-price-move-to-Manchester-United" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ter-United</a>

Pellegrini59 said:
Fellani only cost rags 23.5m - Fellani forfieted 4m loyalty payment. So deal was worth 27.5m to Everton.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/426695/Marouane-Fellaini-forfeited-4m-in-cut-price-move-to-Manchester-United" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ter-United</a>

I thought the fee was £27.5m and he forfeited the loyalty fee by handing in a transfer request. Therefore the deal was worth £31.5m. No source for this just a fee wouldn't include loyalty payments would it?

johnmc said:
Pellegrini59 said:

I thought the fee was £27.5m and he forfeited the loyalty fee by handing in a transfer request. Therefore the deal was worth £31.5m. No source for this just a fee wouldn't include loyalty payments would it?

United insist they have paid Everton no more than the £23.5m release clause that was in Fellaini’s contract – a clause that expired at the end of July – but Everton say the deal is worth £27.5m to them. The difference is understood to be Fellaini’s own cash sacrifice.

By submitting a written transfer request on deadline day Fellaini, left, has forfeited about £4m in loyalty bonuses that would have been due on the two years remaining on his Everton contract . That has allowed Everton to declare the deal as being worth £27.5m to them.

Fellaini will make up for his lost bonuses over the course of the four-year contract he has signed at United, which has seen his wages jump by £50,000-a-week to £125,000-a-week

Pellegrini59 said:
johnmc said:
Pellegrini59 said:

United insist they have paid Everton no more than the £23.5m release clause that was in Fellaini’s contract – a clause that expired at the end of July – but Everton say the deal is worth £27.5m to them. The difference is understood to be Fellaini’s own cash sacrifice.

By submitting a written transfer request on deadline day Fellaini, left, has forfeited about £4m in loyalty bonuses that would have been due on the two years remaining on his Everton contract . That has allowed Everton to declare the deal as being worth £27.5m to them.

Fellaini will make up for his lost bonuses over the course of the four-year contract he has signed at United, which has seen his wages jump by £50,000-a-week to £125,000-a-week

That's fair enough. Just it's reported as a £27.5m fee in most places that's all.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Sky Blue said:

Sky Blue said:

Sky Blue said:

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm --

Sky Blue said:

it's not quite as funny if you say it 4 times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.