Ferguson On Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Taggart popping his clogs for a good few years yet. I want him around to see his 'not in my lifetime' prediction crumble around him as we topple the fuckers. It would be better to beat them with him at the helm.

I'm just picturing that scene at the end of Trading Places where one off the Duke Brothers keels over as their evil plan and empire unravels. Hughes as Dan Ayckroyd and Baconface & Phelan as the Duke Brothers. Eddy Murphy as Mark Bowen doesn't really do it though.

lionheart said:
Sorry if its old news but here is what Ferguson thought of Mark Hughes as a potential manager when playing under him. Time for sweet revenge next month!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/10/sir-alex-ferguson-mark-hughes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ark-hughes</a>

Pretty sure he's said the same before, and in some ways could be seen as a compliment - doubt it would have any effect on Hughes at all.

It's also not exactly a groundbreaking statement anyway as I'm pretty sure I've read other comments about Hughes which suggest people were a little surprised. Hughes comes across as a 'quiet thinker' whereas Bryan Robson was probably a noisy leader (and therefore a likely manager) - but he never came across as much of a thinker. I know what I'd prefer.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'm just picturing that scene at the end of Trading Places where one off the Duke Brothers keels over as their evil plan and empire unravels. Hughes as Dan Ayckroyd and Baconface & Phelan as the Duke Brothers. Eddy Murphy as Mark Bowen doesn't really do it though.
Ha! I've just had a picture of Big Mal's Cigar hurling foul mouthed abuse at Eddie Murphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.