Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt say he was poor at any point, i said imo there was a drop in quality from him in between those seasons. Opened up to other opinions with "Coinsidence?". I then said he's obviously good enough just i dont believe he's been as motivated in previous non world cup seasons and might again lose his edge that made him outstanding in his two title wins(Still a very good player) It's really not as extreme an opinion as you like to make it look.

Sorry but I don't believe that there is any evidence whatsoever to support your assertion regarding his motivation or commitment.

I didnt say he was poor at any point, i said imo there was a drop in quality from him in between those seasons. Opened up to other opinions with "Coinsidence?". I then said he's obviously good enough just i dont believe he's been as motivated in previous non world cup seasons and might again lose his edge that made him outstanding in his two title wins(Still a very good player) It's really not as extreme an opinion as you like to make it look.

You don't think it's an extreme opinion to accuse - IMO one of our most hardworking players - of "a big drop off in quality" due to "a motivation issue" when he's not trying to catch the eye of the Brazil manager to be picked for a world cup?

I disagree. I think it's an unpleasant, baseless accusation about Fernandinho's character and commitment to the club.

Dinho has been one of our most steady performers doing the job of 2 players when yaya couldn't be arsed,everyone dropped in the last 2 seasons of mp so not sure it's fair to single him out when everything he does is affected by the players around him and not in isolation,thats where i don't believe stats tell the whole story

Im not singling him out for criticism. Just sharing my thoughts given recent reports that we'll not be signing anyone instead of Jorginho. It's a very important position in our team and we'll need Dinho to be at his best so we can be at ours.
Merely theorized why i dont believe why Dinho was as good in other seasons we didnt win the league.

You don't think it's an extreme opinion to accuse - IMO one of our most hardworking players - of "a big drop off in quality" due to "a motivation issue" when he's not trying to catch the eye of the Brazil manager to be picked for a world cup?

I disagree. I think it's an unpleasant, baseless accusation about Fernandinho's character and commitment to the club.

Then why do you think he wasn't as good in 14/15, 15/16 and 16/17 as he was in 13/14 and 17/18?

I'm not attacking his character. I just believe playing to go to the world cup added an edge to his game and made him a better player.

Sorry but I don't believe that there is any evidence whatsoever to support your assertion regarding his motivation or commitment.

Nothing to do with commitment

He was a better player in our title winning/world cup seasons than he was in the others. I think it's due to the added motivation of playing his way into said world cups and nobody has offered me a counter argument other than basically getting offended that id think such a monstrous thing.

Then why do you think he wasn't as good in 14/15, 15/16 and 16/17 as he was in 13/14 and 17/18?

I'm not attacking his character. I just believe playing to go to the world cup added an edge to his game and made him a better player.

I personally thought he was just as good in 16/17.

He was a better player in our title winning/world cup seasons than he was in the others. I think it's due to the added motivation of playing his way into said world cups and nobody has offered me a counter argument other than basically getting offended that id think such a monstrous thing.

You're clearly on a crusade so no point in arguing with you.

However for what it is worth, your opinion is baseless and incorrect - in my opinion.

Counter argument as with many of our players especially as they get older is simple-they don't get a proper rest/sufficient preparation time after World Cups/Euros and therefore performance levels drop.

You're clearly on a crusade so no point in arguing with you.

However for what it is worth, your opinion is baseless and incorrect - in my opinion.

Won't argue with me but say my opinion is baseless and incorrect so in other words you actually have nothing to say. Like getting blood from a stone trying to get another perspective out of people on here.

Won't argue with me but say my opinion is baseless and incorrect so in other words you actually have nothing to say. Like getting blood from a stone trying to get another perspective out of people on here.

Certain individuals have absolutely no problem voicing their perspective , as you have clearly proved. I happen to believe that you are wrong in your opinion, and this is my last response to you on the suject.

I am content to leave you on your platform which you appear to be enjoying - a " five minute of fame " cameo perhaps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.