Fernandinho needs to go back into midfield

Why, he's fit as f**k (in fitness way).
I mean as of now he is at peak but if he exploit him every 3 days, then i reckon he cant perform at this level. We need to play him in league only games and try to sub him if the game is done...

I mean as of now he is at peak but if he exploit him every 3 days, then i reckon he cant perform at this level. We need to play him in league only games and try to sub him if the game is done...

That's only being smart and using basic sense.

However, there is not one skerrick of evidence to suggest he has 'lost his legs' by way of not being able to get around the pitch within the course of a match. Not one. There wasn't any discernible sign of it last night, there wasn't any discernible sign of it last season, or the season before that when he was possibly our best player until he became injured. It's people putting two and two together to get seven. People look at his age and automatically assume he can't do it anymore, instead of using their eyes to make judgement. He could be 40 years old and STILL get around the pitch better than 30 year old Gundogan can.

Naturally by virtue of his age he probably can't get away with playing as regularly as he used to. That is normal and it's fine - play him a bit less. Nurse him a bit more. Biology tells us he probably can't recover as quickly any more like he would at 25 or 30. To move him entirely though, from a position that many good judges feel he was right up there with the best in the world in for the past five odd seasons is absolutely fucking insane, and cost us big time last season.

It would be great to save Fernandinho for the league games and latter stages of the Champions League. So great to see him back in the engine room doing what he does best. I still think back to his first season with us and how Yaya got all the plaudits when we won the league but a lot of what Yaya achieved was because he had license to roam and one of the main reasons why this worked was having Fern holding down the fort in the middle.

One of the best players we've signed and with careful management could have a very good season. Let's face it, aside from a run of matches after the Brazilian World Cup fiasco, he's been rock solid.

Why, he's fit as f**k (in fitness way).
Can't play every game but I think Bernardo can play in that position next to Rodri too. I 've been saying all summer I could see us playing 4231 using any combination but one of Rodri Gundogan Beranrdo Fernadinho.Think we all know the one combination not to use.

Can't play every game but I think Bernardo can play in that position next to Rodri too. I 've been saying all summer I could see us playing 4231 using any combination but one of Rodri Gundogan Beranrdo Fernadinho.Think we all know the one combination not to use.

I think last night proved that we don't need a Gundogan type player at all & we don't need midfielders playing at cb.

Rodri & Fernadinho are not Pirlo or Beckenbauer, they are very good with distribution but that's it. Rodri is a big unit with decent skill & Fern is a defensive genius. That's their biggest assets.

But their legs go.

Younger players with similar qualities & more pace, would be our perfect signings.

We have enough creative talent & can bring more of it on, if things aren't working.

If Rodri was fitter & quicker & Fern younger, Wolves wouldn't have created anything last night.

By contrast, if Gundogan had been fit, we might have kept the ball a bit better 2nd half, but the first half would have looked like the 2nd half, whenever we lost the ball & the defence under much more pressure.

Find a younger, fitter, faster player, who defends like Fern.

There is an obvious, key place in the squad for him.

I think last night proved that we don't need a Gundogan type player at all & we don't need midfielders playing at cb.

Rodri & Fernadinho are not Pirlo or Beckenbauer, they are very good with distribution but that's it. Rodri is a big unit with decent skill & Fern is a defensive genius. That's their biggest assets.

But their legs go.

Younger players with similar qualities & more pace, would be our perfect signings.

We have enough creative talent & can bring more of it on, if things aren't working.

If Rodri was fitter & quicker & Fern younger, Wolves wouldn't have created anything last night.

By contrast, if Gundogan had been fit, we might have kept the ball a bit better 2nd half, but the first half would have looked like the 2nd half, whenever we lost the ball & the defence under much more pressure.

Find a younger, fitter, faster player, who defends like Fern.

There is an obvious, key place in the squad for him.
I haven't seen that much of him but from reports sounds like if he has another good season with Villa Douglas Luiz could be that player to replace Fernadinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.