Fernandinho vs Fernando

Re: Fernando vs Fernandinho

Hamann Pineapple said:
chris85mcfc said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
That's simply not true is it. Last time he was at AFCON we went on an unbeaten run then lost to Southampton on his first game back.

So we are going back two years to point to facts, and was that Southampton game the week before Yaya totally destroyed Chelsea at home and scored a wonder goal?

Shall we bring Lescott and Barry back into the side as well?

How else can I make the point unless referring to the last time he was absent for a number of games. bringing back Lescott and Barry doesn't address our current problem, dropping Yaya just might.

But since then he has played almost every game and we have won the league and won a league cup, as well as getting to an FA Cup final which we should have won.

Fernando and Fernandinho aren't fit to lace Yaya's boots, the main problem is what is around him. Most teams best players play further forward than Yaya, unfortunately for us he plays in the middle of the park, but we have to do what we can to limit the impact that his drawbacks have ie having players in midfield that can do his running whether it be the 2 Ferns in a 3 man midfield, or AT LEAST playing Jimmy in a 4 man midfield

Playing Yaya in a 4 man midfield away at West Ham who are flying, where 2 of the other 3 midfielders are Navas and Silva is a car crash of a decision

I think we'd be stronger without Yaya that's all

20gir2t.jpg

Yup, it's about what's best for the team, not just picking the best individuals. Is Yaya better than both Fern's? Undoubtedly. Would the team be in overall better shape without him? Maybe.

BigOscar said:
Yup, it's about what's best for the team, not just picking the best individuals. Is Yaya better than both Fern's? Undoubtedly. Would the team be in overall better shape without him? Maybe.

Like i said previously, the best thing to do is play Yaya alongside Fernandinho, it worked last season so I don't see what the problem is

In so called big games id opt for Fernando as well and drop a forward player

Not playing Fernandinho is a bigger problem that persisting with Yaya

chris85mcfc said:
BigOscar said:

Like i said previously, the best thing to do is play Yaya alongside Fernandinho, it worked last season so I don't see what the problem is

I disagree, I think at best that papers over cracks. Plenty of times last year we had the same problems we've been having this year, struggling to control games when other teams midfield played at a high tempo against us. It's never been good enough in the CL, where our lack of control gets most brutally exposed.

Pushing Yaya forward creates as many problems as it solves as well, as it means Silva playing out wide, leaving his fullback exposed and Yaya tends to see moving forward as a free pass to do absolutely nothing defensively. So by moving Yaya forward, we don't really even gain a lot defensively.

That's my team choice too.

I think we'd be better off without Yaya,or we sacrifice Silva....I know which option i'd want.It means the eleven players on the pitch are all performing where they should be and we are as strong a unit as we can presently muster.

BigOscar said:
chris85mcfc said:
BigOscar said:

I disagree, I think at best that papers over cracks. Plenty of times last year we had the same problems we've been having this year, struggling to control games when other teams midfield played at a high tempo against us. It's never been good enough in the CL, where our lack of control gets most brutally exposed.

Pushing Yaya forward creates as many problems as it solves as well, as it means Silva playing out wide, leaving his fullback exposed and Yaya tends to see moving forward as a free pass to do absolutely nothing defensively. So by moving Yaya forward, we don't really even gain a lot defensively.

I guess we will find out in January how much we miss him.

My guess is you would rather he was with us throughout January as opposed to dissapearing for the month?

FantasyIreland said:
That's my team choice too.

I think we'd be better off without Yaya,or we sacrifice Silva....I know which option i'd want.It means the eleven players on the pitch are all performing where they should be and we are as strong a unit as we can presently muster.

Can you post that team as mine won't show it for some reason?

Like i said above we will see how much we can cope when he dissapears in January

If we can cope without him, as well as look more solid then ill be as glad as everyone else, i just can't see it personally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.