Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
brian the blue said:
Keith Moon said:
You have to remember that Shakhtar took our Barca boys on the ride of their life when they sold 'em Dmytro Chygrynskiy for £22m.

Heres what Lucescu said then:

“When a team like Barcelona ask, you cannot say no,” the former Inter coach began, continuing, “I understand the player, because he want to go to Barcelona with all his heart. Who would not want to? Every player on the planet would want to.

“I also understand that the club have a need to sell. He will prove to be a great signing for Barcelona.”

“He is used to winning, playing under pressure, and at the highest level. I do not see why he could not play with Barcelona.

“He is an important player. He is the best defender in Europe, better than Vidic of Manchester United.”

Barca sold him back to Shakhtar after one season for £12m, one of the worst transfers in the history of football...

They also sold us Elano for 7mil the season after we'd just scraped by avaoiding relegation.

Which at the time was a great deal for us. If only Hughes didn't fuck it up.

Yes, how I loved Elano. That deal was down to Elano wanted away and Sven and Lucescu being ol' pals since both managed in Serie A in the '90s. We were not the only team in for Elano but still they sold him to us...

zeven said:
MihaiCity said:
zeven said:
You say Marwood was not responsible? he was not to blame? please tell me who was?

C'mon can you stop with all this love for mancini he is not GOD FFS..Javi Garcia was cleary his chooise and he said about sinclair that is his fault..can you stop just blame marwood for everything??? mancini HAD a BIG SAY in this players coming here they wouldn't be here without his permission
ofcource he said so about sinclair what would you expect? him saying hes shit and i never wanted him?

Garcia maybe was his third choice yes. But its Marwood fucking job to get in 1st or even second choice, if you cant blame Marwood for bringing in the players our manager REALLY wanted, then who do blame? its his fucking job.

PS
im not gonna apologize for defendig Mancini.

The idea that people such as Marwood spend money for the sake of it, is childish beyond belief yet so many people seem to believe it.

He was clearly working to a budget, as is Txiki now (but a much bigger one) so he thinks "Ah I know, I'll just spend 6 mil on Sinclair, I know Mancini doesn't want him, & won't play him, but I'm a cruel & sadistic person who is just desperate to get kicked out of the club, so I'll force Mancini to have Sinclair, make Sinclair's life a misery, & spunk 6 mil of Sheikh Mansour's money, just because I can ! I'm sure they'll be ok with that "

Mancini wanted Sinclair. Of course he would have preferred a higher target, but he still chose to sign Sinclair, & Garcia, & Maicon & Rodwell & Nastasic, therefore HE WANTED THEM.

If he didn't want them but signed them anyway, he should resign for being so wasteful with the Sheikh's money. Deliberately signing 50 million quids worth of players you don't want, just to make up the numbers, would be absolutely criminally shit management.

Neville,

Not sure about that analysis. Everything about the way the Sinclair debacle has unfolded suggests Mancini never wanted or rated him. Agree that you can't say that about Garcia or any of the others, but no way was Sinclair what Mancini wanted, even as third or fourth choice

Braggster said:
Neville,

Not sure about that analysis. Everything about the way the Sinclair debacle has unfolded suggests Mancini never wanted or rated him. Agree that you can't say that about Garcia or any of the others, but no way was Sinclair what Mancini wanted, even as third or fourth choice
Exactly, other than Sinclair, every signing is justified.

Maicon was bought to fill in, because the management saw Richards' long-term injury.
Nastasic is pretty obvious. Mancini wanted a younger, more mobile centre-back, to integrate into his conceptual "3-man backline".
Rodwell was bought after we all realize we can't play Yaya every game. Even Mancini himself was surprised Moyes sold him a player in worst condition than he expected.
Garcia was bought to replace NDJ, and was obviously a last-ditch desperate attempt, rather than leave a gaping-hole in the shape of NDJ.

Akira said:
Braggster said:
Neville,

Exactly, other than Sinclair, every signing is justified.

Maicon was bought to fill in, because the management saw Richards' long-term injury.
Nastasic is pretty obvious. Mancini wanted a younger, more mobile centre-back, to integrate into his conceptual "3-man backline".
Rodwell was bought after we all realize we can't play Yaya every game. Even Mancini himself was surprised Moyes sold him a player in worst condition than he expected.
Garcia was bought to replace NDJ, and was obviously a last-ditch desperate attempt, rather than leave a gaping-hole in the shape of NDJ.

Maicon was signed so Mancini can play 3 at the back, as was Garcia. Nige was too small to drop back into cb position, but Garcia is good in the air, enabling an instant switch to Mancini's tactical disaster whenever the fad takes him.

Mancini himself described exactly why he signed Sinclair.

In case nobody remembers, he said he signed Sinclair as he attacks the space behind defenders, as opposed to AJ, who takes the ball in front.

Mancini signed Sinclair.

Sorry if already posted;

Come get me, Mancini! Fernandinho admits he'd love to join City to boost World Cup bid

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho has declared that he wants to move to Manchester City this summer, despite interest from a raft of other top European sides – and he has pleaded with his club to lower his asking price to facilitate the switch.

The Brazilian international is coveted by Roberto Mancini, but the City manager was dismayed when the Ukrainian champions’ manager, Mircea Lucescu, last week said that the club would have to match their prize asset’s release fee clause of £42.5 million.
Now Fernandinho, who turned 28 on Saturday and has played five times for his country, believes after eight years in Donetsk and with a World Cup on home soil looming a transfer to Mancini’s club is vital this summer.

Even his international teammates have begged him to head to City. 'They all wish me to move on,' Fernandinho said.
'They know that the Premier League is a great championship and that Manchester City is a great club, therefore they all wish me to play there, and to participate in the division.
'I believe my chances of making the World Cup squad will improve if I join City. My exposure would be better, because Brazil is biased towards the Ukrainian league. What we do here is not recognised in my country.

'Therefore, playing in a division, at a club that is considered among the best in the world, and if I keep performing well, that would help me to be to be taken back to the Brazilian national team.'

Fernandinho wants his club to seek a transfer fee closer to Mancini’s target of £17 million and added: 'There are a lot of people in England with good football knowledge. For that reason, those compliment my skills and motivate me to want to play in a championship like the Premier League.'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2319968/Fernandinho-says-wants-join-Manchester-City.html#ixzz2SSUEKwj8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2SSUEKwj8</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.