Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueMoonz1977 said:
taconinja said:
Doesn't Pellegrini play Isco on the left/center?

Yes he does, but Isco can switch flanks like Silva can. What this means and is what Txiki wishes to achieve is to have a squad that can move around the pitch switching position allowing fluid movement.
Don't tease me.

Every time Silva gets the ball everyone else turns to stone.

My kingdom for some movement off the ball!

BlueMoonz1977 said:
taconinja said:

Yes he does, but Isco can switch flanks like Silva can. What this means and is what Txiki wishes to achieve is to have a squad that can move around the pitch switching position allowing fluid movement.

I thought that was the reasoning behind Nasri's purchase.

pudge said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
taconinja said:

Don't tease me.

Lol....I know but it is true. I know we go on about the Barca model of play but what it actually boils down to is the Cruyff system of playing football. Fluid movement allowing players to shift position, which means that the team will not be rigid in terms of where a player has to be on the pitch.

So for example if we have to counter at speed and lets say Silva is on the opposite flank, we have someone with the same attributes and skill level on the opposite flank leaving the counter open to be actioned on either side.

pudge said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
taconinja said:

Don't tease me.

Completely agree. This may sound odd, but I blame that on the manager. It's his job to get the players to understand that off-ball movement is key in this kind of system. I think perhaps the players were too concerned with getting back into defensive shape to effectively move into different positions when attacking.

FantasyIreland said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
taconinja said:

I thought that was the reasoning behind Nasri's purchase.
Nasri is a different kind of player. He should be more central and drift wide as the situation dictates.

And thanks BlueMoonz1977! I thought that was the case.

if he can stitch the dm to the likes of Silva and Nasri without resorting to 30 yard passes we will play better quicker football.
the least productive ball is a punt over the halfway line when the opposition is waiting for just that. Yaya hasn't got the stamina any more for carrying it forward at speed, or to chase down the opposition when they surge forward. Got high hopes for Fernandinho, could do with another like him imo

news0019.png

Seems a very confident player and wants to sign for us which is a bonus. Fingers crossed we will seal the deal.

I wonder how will he react if he joins us and then fails to make the world cup squad...

we should give him short term contract just in case !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.