Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well deserved. MOTM for Fernandihno ! The silent assassin of midfield, has now fully acclimatised to the Prem, and his goal scoring exploits from past seasons have been assimilated into his all round play, superb!!
Going to be interesting how MP sets us up without Aguero, maybe 1 upfront with Navas starting? Or maybe Jovetic as the false No.9 behind The Beast? Or even Negredo and Dzêko together?

ManAD said:
jimharri said:
Manyoo fans wailing over in the cafe that they paid nearly the same amount for bog brush head as we did for Fern. Shame eh?

Link please. Need some laugh :D

-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:14 am --

He is growing to become my favorite in the squad. It would be a shame if he doesn't make it to the Brazilian squad!!
Here's one such comment (halfway down-ish);
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier-league-weekend-14-15-december.380841/page-16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier- ... 41/page-16</a>

Pretty sure there's more similar comments in that thread.

mammutly said:
This forum has been here before with a Brazilian player, namely Jo. I said after 4 or 5 games that he was no superstar and was absolutely slated for daring to even suggest he was anything less than a young genius on a par with with the world's best.

I am now saying something similar ( not the same) about Fernandinho. He is a good footballer, who reads the game well and passes the ball neatly, but he is no world beater. There's a reason he does not get in the Brazilian team and why he has not played in a better sides before now. I do not see the magic in his boots that some people do because it isn't there. He will have good games, bad games and so-so games and I doubt he will do a lot wrong. Played in the right position, neither does Garcia, who, by the way, is also a decent player.

Bluemoon has its' favourites and its' villans. Garcia and Lescott are currently slagged by most as was Barry, whereas Fernandinho and Jovetic can do no wrong. Sorry, but I am just not interested in which player is currently in fashion and which isn't. In my opinion, Fernandinho is decent, but not brilliant and I'm unsure if he is the type of player we need to take us forward. For me, Gareth Barry was/is better.

I'd be happy to come back in 10 or 20 games time and say I was completely wrong about him, but I don't think that will be necessary. Rather I expect that, like with Jo, the 'magic Brazilian specs' will not survive the winter and gradually people will arrive at a more realistic view of Fernandinho.

Ready to come back and admit you were wrong yet?

Best central midfielder in the prem. How's that for 'arriving at a realistic view of Fernandinho'?

stony said:
Some clueless twat on glory glory actually said he's been shit all season and this was his only decent game.
Just checked and saw that nonsense. I think that poster has/had an account here.

He could be the best and most important player in the whole of the premier league by the end of the season.

There, I've said it.

He was absolutely outstanding today. When we first signed him I wasn't convinced but he was the best player on the pitch today. Fast, good passer and an eye for goal too.

Kun Aguero said:
Here's the ground he covered last night.

2v9r88i.jpg

I never knew much about him because as far as I know ESPN and Sky Sports don't have the rights to the Ukrainian but he's world class. Better than Ramieres, Sandro, Lucas, Paulinho.

He's bloody brilliant, this lad. All very under the radar before today, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.