Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig said:
waspish said:
kun said:
Sorry, but Liverpool scrape past a poor looking Stoke and get three players in the team, yet we dominate and dismantle Newcastle and only have one?

Navas/Silva where better than Oscar, Yaya was better than Lampard and Lescott better than Kolo

Apart from Sturrage can't argue with that

To be fair mate Sturridge was different class on Saturday but I'm still surprised he got in after that footballing genius from Longsight actually scored a couple of league goals! Dzeko would have proabably edged Sturridge out if he had managed a goal. The keeper choice is worst one, Krul had a brilliant game and I thought Begovic played even better.

Yep think Begovic was goalie of the weekend

Nice little vid from the lad- his English is coming on.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23784250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23784250</a>

He missed out on the Brazilian squad to play Australia in a friendly shortly. Ramirez and Paulinho both got selected ahead of him. I guess it's to our advantage at the moment but he will surely be knocking down that door very soon. Ironically the player that has replaced him at Shakhtar (Fernando) has also been included as well.

jollylescott said:
He missed out on the Brazilian squad to play Australia in a friendly shortly. Ramirez and Paulinho both got selected ahead of him. I guess it's to our advantage at the moment but he will surely be knocking down that door very soon. Ironically the player that has replaced him at Shakhtar (Fernando) has also been included as well.

That's ok, it will keep him motivated.

SkyBlueUSA said:
jollylescott said:

Or maybe Big Phil just doesn't rate him like Hodgson with Richards.

Inter Me Nan said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
jollylescott said:

Or maybe Big Phil just doesn't rate him like Hodgson with Richards.

Probably, but it's Fernandinho's dream to play for Brazil in the World Cup. He will keep fighting for his dream, and the best way to make it happen is to perform at a high level for City.

It's an awful lot of money to pay for a player of his age with little resale value and others have pointed out elsewhere that perhaps there were other options around.

But the fact is that Fernandinho is EXACTLY the type of player we needed and lacked last season.

I know he split Blues but it's no coincidence that we won the league with De Jong and fell behind without him. He was an energetic destructive force sitting in front of our back-line that gave us necessary protection. From the very start last term it was disconcerting how often Komps etc were exposed and pulled (out of necessity) out of position.

As much as I loved him though NDJ had his flaws - he was perhaps too ABC. Fernandinho is from a similar mould yet has far superior technique. In short then, the perfect player for what we needed to dramatically improve. So what price for that? Added to that his experience and the fact that he's played for nearly a decade in Ukraine so he's hardly going to be hiding on the proverbial wet Tuesday in Stoke so that minimises the risk of him not settling and I'm well made up with the signing.

The way he quietly bossed the midfield on Mon offered me great encouragement. No fuss a la De Jong and once he's got to know the movement around him there will be far better link-up play.

With the triangle of him, Yaya, and Kompany no-one will get an easy ride and where do they go from there?....to the left there's Nasty and put the ball anywhere near Zaba and he'll snap and harry the shit out of you.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23784250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23784250</a>
This guy is so impressive. He is just an ultimate ambitious professional. If he wasn't a footballer I'd bet he'd be running a multinational company. He just seems that confident in himself without being cocky. I think it's his greatest quality and why we paid top price for him.

That said he's not as powerful a player as I thought he'd be. I fear he might get a few red cards as he doesn't have the physical presence that is required to avoid diving in as often as he does. He'll get plenty of bookings and be on the edge of going too far more often than not. That's fine though. He is still a huge asset for us and I'm hoping there's more to come from him ( 2nd half for a spell he seemed to ping balls around like he was becoming more comfortable).

So glad we signed him. We have a steely bunch in the dressing room now. :-)

TonyM said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:

This guy is so impressive. He is just an ultimate ambitious professional. If he wasn't a footballer I'd bet he'd be running a multinational company. He just seems that confident in himself without being cocky. I think it's his greatest quality and why we paid top price for him.

That said he's not as powerful a player as I thought he'd be. I fear he might get a few red cards as he doesn't have the physical presence that is required to avoid diving in as often as he does. He'll get plenty of bookings and be on the edge of going too far more often than not. That's fine though. He is still a huge asset for us and I'm hoping there's more to come from him ( 2nd half for a spell he seemed to ping balls around like he was becoming more comfortable).

So glad we signed him. We have a steely bunch in the dressing room now. :-)

to be fair he picked up a yellow fairly early vs. newcastle and i didn't fear for a minute he'd get sent off, seems like he has great discipline

Fernandinho could complete our puzzle, if you look at our midfield compared to the rest of the prem, its head and shoulders above them with toure,silva,fernandhino and navas, if we play with pace we should cut teams open at will thus meaning dzeko,negredo and aguero should get a hatful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.