Fernando has turned it around

His position is in front of the 2 CB and he is doing ok

He played well last night and will need to do so again against the Rags with Vinny out

Fair play to the lad as he has had plenty of criticism

Sometimes he tried to push a bit too high for me. When the 2 CB's went off he should have just sat in there and keep it calm which he did in the main just a few times he got dragged out from where I'd want him. He has a big part to play in the run in for me. MP has to play the same set up as last night for all remaining games (although he probably won't) so he is going to be a big player in the remaining games.

Been meaning to say something about Fernando. Think he's quietly been doing some very good work at the base of the midfield. He seems fitter than he has been at any point since he joined.

He's been ok but just as he is ok, the other fern has suddenly become anonymous. Its been rare this season for one player to be consistently good. Most have had moments but all have been inconsistent.

He's been ok but just as he is ok, the other fern has suddenly become anonymous. Its been rare this season for one player to be consistently good. Most have had moments but all have been inconsistent.

That is exactly it, he has been ok. No more, no less.

Although I get frustrated with him he is what he is. A player no where near good enough for this level. It's not really his fault.

Just looking across Europe the top sides have the likes of Alonso, Kroos, Modric, Busquets, Thiago playing in the holding role or in the two in a 4-2-3-1. Players who are fantastic passers of a football and outstanding at providing a conduit from defence to attack. The modern holding player has to be much more than someone who breaks up play occasionally.

We have got Fernando and every time Yaya/Silva/Aguero come deep to pick the ball up of him it's a knife through the heart to any incisive, high tempo football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.