Fernando Torres

The 'clarkie' thing gets thrown around here way too often but Wanderer....you have been well and truly 'Clarkied'!!

This has got me thinking now, last week we were heavily linked with the young Belgium lad Lakuka (sp) who many believed would be going to Chelsea. All of a sudden Chelsea are going for Torres and no mention of us.

Could this be the case that we have agreed to buy the young lad in the summer and we have given Chelsea the clear run at Torres.

With the FFPR rules coming in i can not see us throuwing £ 45 - 50 million at Torres who has had lots of injury problems as well.

we keep hearing about these agreements that we will not bid against certain clubs ( chelsea included ). And if this is the case then we can't be in for Torres at all.

Another thought, it all seems to have gone quite with them and Luiz. could it be that that move has broken down and we may have agreed to back of from Torres and we have a run at Luiz.

must admit, i'm bored shitless and i'm grasping at straws.

id like us to give guidetti a chance if injuries were that bad, wel never know if we dont give him a run. torres is for me, the best striker in the world when fit and motivated, but we just dont need him here at the figures that are being thrown about

abu13 said:
This has got me thinking now, last week we were heavily linked with the young Belgium lad Lakuka (sp) who many believed would be going to Chelsea. All of a sudden Chelsea are going for Torres and no mention of us.

Could this be the case that we have agreed to buy the young lad in the summer and we have given Chelsea the clear run at Torres.

With the FFPR rules coming in i can not see us throuwing £ 45 - 50 million at Torres who has had lots of injury problems as well.

we keep hearing about these agreements that we will not bid against certain clubs ( chelsea included ). And if this is the case then we can't be in for Torres at all.

Another thought, it all seems to have gone quite with them and Luiz. could it be that that move has broken down and we may have agreed to back of from Torres and we have a run at Luiz.

Thats not a bad shout in my opinion.. Torres, that he is, does seem to be made of balsa wood and we don't need too many injuries

banbury_blue said:
abu13 said:

Thats not a bad shout in my opinion.. Torres, that he is, does seem to be made of balsa wood and we don't need too many injuries

I have been saying this forever, Torres is brilliant when on the field, but he's never on the field. Not worth worrying about all his injuries, if you buy him you have to buy another player as cover. Again, he is quality, just far too injured.

With Ade going, and our owner has always wanted Torres. Do you think we are making a planned bid? Or hijack him from chelsea like we did with Robinho. With us not coming out with the usual "Mancini not interested in Torres" sky quotes. Im sat her rubbing my chin with a raised eyebrow, thinking we could get him. As with Dzeko, Tevez, Balo think Torres would be the cherry on top for a powerful strike force. Am i talking shit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.