Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrismcfc1 said:
Has this guy actually signed a new contract ?
Seems to be a few stories again over here that we will sign on free daily star and mirror.

Can't see anything on Porto website which would confirm this??

I can see him signing new contract - sounds like he's desperate to play in world cup & I can see Porto using strong tactics along the lines of - rot in reserves and no chance of world cup selection unless u sign on the dotted line!!!!!!

I'm wondering if we're really worried about FFP if we haggled over paying £10mil for this lad in Jan or getting him for nothing in the summer. Don't know anything about him so can't really comment if he's worth it or not but from comments I've read he sounds like the real deal. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

According to transfermarkt (Seems pretty reliable), then he signed a new three year deal.

Raggerlad said:
I'm wondering if we're really worried about FFP if we haggled over paying £10mil for this lad in Jan or getting him for nothing in the summer. Don't know anything about him so can't really comment if he's worth it or not but from comments I've read he sounds like the real deal. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Nobody will be getting him for nothing now - This happens all the time - If you want the player you sign him, if he is good enough for us the 10M would be a bargain. If he isn't then we shouldn't have even been looking at him as an option.

I think we can sign better players in the summer if we eventually have to pay for him. Good to see us playing some hardball, though I din't really work out much but does send a signal to other teams who have held us ransom to certain fees for players.

kupest said:
I think we can sign better players in the summer if we eventually have to pay for him. Good to see us playing some hardball, though I din't really work out much but does send a signal to other teams who have held us ransom to certain fees for players.

we played similar hardball with eden hazard and his agent, oops

BringBackSwales said:
kupest said:

Yeah but some of the numbers quoted on that deal were insane in terms of his wages, fee and agent fee. Chelsea I think only signed him because of the cash prize from the CL. He would have been an amazing player for us but there has to be a certain limit to what we can pay I guess.

Bit of a f*ck up this one that we didn't sign him for £10m ... Can only surmise City have one eye ON FFP - To not sign him for that amount seems madness - Maybe more to the deal than just the transfer fee .....

kupest said:
BringBackSwales said:
kupest said:

Yeah but some of the numbers quoted on that deal were insane in terms of his wages, fee and agent fee. Chelsea I think only signed him because of the cash prize from the CL. He would have been an amazing player for us but there has to be a certain limit to what we can pay I guess.

dunno, what does he get paid, I honestly don't know but based on what I saw last Monday night it should be a freaking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.