Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
A world cup comes once every 4 years, he isn't gonna be in the brazil squad so he is hoping to make the Portugal team which in my opinion he shouldn't make, it not his ability that should keep him out its the fact he hasn't play a minute in qualifying! If a player doesn't help you get there then they shouldn't be going! But joining a great team like city could be a once in a lifetime, he could have had his pick of clubs and got paid a lot more if he was on a free, a lot of top clubs would have been interested in him as cover but with a 20mil fee no one will pay that for a squad player and the wages he would get will be reduced because of the fee if he does leave.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is still a clause in there which means if City offer a certain amount then Porto need to accept the offer, maybe the amount which Porto demanded in January, this way everyone wins, Porto get to play him for the rest of the season, he probably goes to the World Cup and City still get him at a much reduced fee from what Porto would initially want.

To be honest, I couldn't ever see him sticking it out at Porto until the summer without being pressured into signing a new contract with Porto.

alfabianchi said:
This proposed signing is just silly. He's only gonna get into the first team is Fernandinho is injured. 30 odd million for a seat on the bench. Meanwhile, Gareth Barry is putting in man of the match performances week in week out for Everton...and we have loaned him out in favour of a ponytailed juggernaut instead?
Barry played at CB?

Looks as though City have made some expensive mistakes. Barry could have been a good backup for midfield, we didn't need MDM and could have got by with Lescott, Nastasic and Boyata as centre backs.

At least they'll have chance to put this right in the summer window, and I'll be glad when the mistakes are put behind them.

Dax777 said:
Those who expect a player to jeopardize his WC chances just so he can join another club, are silly. Sure he might fancy joining City. But never so much so, that he would be willing to give up the opportunity to play in the WC.
He's never played for Brazil so why would he expect to do so now?

I'm no cynic said:
Dax777 said:
Those who expect a player to jeopardize his WC chances just so he can join another club, are silly. Sure he might fancy joining City. But never so much so, that he would be willing to give up the opportunity to play in the WC.
He'll be playing for Portugal

BigOscar said:
I'm no cynic said:
Dax777 said:
He'll be playing for Portugal
Hasn't played for them either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.