Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
MeatHunterrr said:
Tricky_Trev said:
blueinsa said:
Said it earlier in a different thread, this board is full of fucking rag wums
I don't think he's a rag wum. He's just pessimistic. I do agree with the point about the average age of our squad though. That's something that needs to be addressed.

Agree about average age also, we need to start buying gradually younger players (of course looking at our academy first) e.g next summer buy young replacement for yaya and so on..

Pogba is ideal next summer not matter the cost. Pogba must be tempted to learn and be around Viera and yaya to learn at become the best.

CITYBOY1000 said:
I don't want to tempt fate and of course things can change overnight, but I got the sense that towards the very end of the season Jovetic was starting to be settled, stay fit and play his part. If that continues for next season then we have virtually a new player already to call upon who can do things for us at the top level.

Also Kun missed maybe half of last season through injury and IF he stays fit next term then with him and Jovetic we will have significantly added firepower but without having to spend any new money this window.

IF Nasty returns to fitness and form (he seemed to just get back to full fitness at the death last season but only on the bench as Demechelis had settled in the role) then we have again another player to call upon this term.

Cover at the back in the central defense is possibly needed and certainly at right full-back where we need cover for Zabs. However with somebody like Fernando just in front of the back four (assuming we get him of course) would take the urgency out of the situation and particularly if Nasty gets back to his true form and starts pushing Demechelis for spot.

Hopefully, getting the beast back to confidence and form will be like having a new striker as well. He can't just have lost every goal-scoring instinct overnight surely ?

You always have to factor in other injuries to the same or different players but I think we have cover in most positions - apart from Hart.

So, a right full-back, buy Fernando, and get a quality stand-in for Joe or even somebody to challenge for his place to keep him on his toes.

No need to spend mega-bucks this term. We won the league this year despite having a raft of injuries, Vinnie, Demechelis, Jovetic, Kun and Nasty and despite having little or no cover for other key players like Vinnie, Zabs, Fernandinho. We also had a ew manager who adapted the team to a new pattern of play and with a number of new players.

Next season there won't be the teething problems of the first half of last season where we dropped a lot of points away from home.

Chelsea will be stronger next term so that as to be factored also but the dippers will be in the Champions League as well and so tat will divert some of their energies and I think their pattern of play is limited nd was getting 'found-out' towards the end last season.

All-in-all, looking good. Just hope no injuries from the World Cup.

A great deal of 'if's' and 'buts' in there

Aguero has missed probably a whole season out of the last 2, these niggling injuries need looking at...

Jovetic has always had a poor injury record, he was signed to use sparingly and give squad depth, we got lucky last year in that negrado hit the ground running and Edin finished extremely strongly...to progress in the champs league like the whole club wants, then we will need reliability, as stated, jov, at present, isn't reliable, let's hope that changes...

As for Fernando, people needn't worry, his interception stats next year will be the best throughout the league, not because of having to consistently break up play, just because he plays like a human missile, what's in front of him will do it's usual biz, that isn't even in question, what will happen naturally though is interchangeable positions for the midfield 3 and IMO give us the strongest back line in the prem, that's even without Mangala or benatia, those players are to bring us forward in europe!!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
I don't want to tempt fate and of course things can change overnight, but I got the sense that towards the very end of the season Jovetic was starting to be settled, stay fit and play his part. If that continues for next season then we have virtually a new player already to call upon who can do things for us at the top level.

Also Kun missed maybe half of last season through injury and IF he stays fit next term then with him and Jovetic we will have significantly added firepower but without having to spend any new money this window.

IF Nasty returns to fitness and form (he seemed to just get back to full fitness at the death last season but only on the bench as Demechelis had settled in the role) then we have again another player to call upon this term.

Cover at the back in the central defense is possibly needed and certainly at right full-back where we need cover for Zabs. However with somebody like Fernando just in front of the back four (assuming we get him of course) would take the urgency out of the situation and particularly if Nasty gets back to his true form and starts pushing Demechelis for spot.

Hopefully, getting the beast back to confidence and form will be like having a new striker as well. He can't just have lost every goal-scoring instinct overnight surely ?

You always have to factor in other injuries to the same or different players but I think we have cover in most positions - apart from Hart.

So, a right full-back, buy Fernando, and get a quality stand-in for Joe or even somebody to challenge for his place to keep him on his toes.

No need to spend mega-bucks this term. We won the league this year despite having a raft of injuries, Vinnie, Demechelis, Jovetic, Kun and Nasty and despite having little or no cover for other key players like Vinnie, Zabs, Fernandinho. We also had a ew manager who adapted the team to a new pattern of play and with a number of new players.

Next season there won't be the teething problems of the first half of last season where we dropped a lot of points away from home.

Chelsea will be stronger next term so that as to be factored also but the dippers will be in the Champions League as well and so tat will divert some of their energies and I think their pattern of play is limited nd was getting 'found-out' towards the end last season.

All-in-all, looking good. Just hope no injuries from the World Cup.

A great deal of 'if's' and 'buts' in there

Aguero has missed probably a whole season out of the last 2, these niggling injuries need looking at...

Jovetic has always had a poor injury record, he was signed to use sparingly and give squad depth, we got lucky last year in that negrado hit the ground running and Edin finished extremely strongly...to progress in the champs league like the whole club wants, then we will need reliability, as stated, jov, at present, isn't reliable, let's hope that changes...

As for Fernando, people needn't worry, his interception stats next year will be the best throughout the league, not because of having to consistently break up play, just because he plays like a human missile, what's in front of him will do it's usual biz, that isn't even in question, what will happen naturally though is interchangeable positions for the midfield 3 and IMO give us the strongest back line in the prem, that's even without Mangala or benatia, those players are to bring us forward in europe!!!!

Love the attitude!

I'm no cynic said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jimbopm said:
I think to an extent you are right, halfway through last season there was clear frustration on Pellegrini's part, believing Jovetic to be a player that needs to be 100% before he steps on the pitch. So there probably is a trust issue that has formed between them.

Having said that I think that Jovetic towards the end of the season was clearly showing glimpses of his ability and that he will be like a new signing for us next year. I think that his bit part role as a sub was in part due to trust and in part due to the pressure of the title run-in and the need to retain tactical and selection consistency.

Indeed. Ideally he gets a good run next season and really shows us how good he is because I don't doubt his ability one bit. But what we can't have (IMO) with the comlications this summer caused by the transfer kitty sanctions is an expensive and highly rated player just sitting on the bench week in week out because the manager doesn't really fancy him. If that is going to be the case then we need to sell and get some extra funds in for the summer. Only Pellegrini will really know what he thinks of Jovetic though.
Another way of looking at it is that in the final few games of the season and with every point a potential title winner, there is no room for the manoeuvring that exists early on. Manny played with his strongest available eleven at the back end, just as Mancini did when his team won the league.

It wasn't only right at the end of the season that he just left Jovetic on the bench though, it was like that for the whole of the final third of the season. Don't get me worng there were the odd occasions where he threw him on to try to change games but there were plenty of times where it felt an ideal opportunity to give him decent time on the pitch, not necessarily in high pressure situations and Pellegrini just seemed reluctant to use him.

Lancet Fluke said:
I'm no cynic said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Indeed. Ideally he gets a good run next season and really shows us how good he is because I don't doubt his ability one bit. But what we can't have (IMO) with the comlications this summer caused by the transfer kitty sanctions is an expensive and highly rated player just sitting on the bench week in week out because the manager doesn't really fancy him. If that is going to be the case then we need to sell and get some extra funds in for the summer. Only Pellegrini will really know what he thinks of Jovetic though.
Another way of looking at it is that in the final few games of the season and with every point a potential title winner, there is no room for the manoeuvring that exists early on. Manny played with his strongest available eleven at the back end, just as Mancini did when his team won the league.

It wasn't only right at the end of the season that he just left Jovetic on the bench though, it was like that for the whole of the final third of the season. Don't get me worng there were the odd occasions where he threw him on to try to change games but there were plenty of times where it felt an ideal opportunity to give him decent time on the pitch, not necessarily in high pressure situations and Pellegrini just seemed reluctant to use him.

But you have to take his season into context. Missed the majority of the season with injuries no preseason and really never got up to full speed. There weren't that many non pressure situations in the season when he was fit and with the way his season went it seemed like any time he did play he was going to get hurt. So I can understand why MP made the decisions he made during an intense title battle he's going to use the players that he can count on. With a full preseason under his belt I'm sure we'll see MP use him more.

Mr. Aguia said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I'm no cynic said:

But you have to take his season into context. Missed the majority of the season with injuries no preseason and really never got up to full speed. There weren't that many non pressure situations in the season when he was fit and with the way his season went it seemed like any time he did play he was going to get hurt. So I can understand why MP made the decisions he made during an intense title battle he's going to use the players that he can count on. With a full preseason under his belt I'm sure we'll see MP use him more.

He trusted him enough to bring him off the bench in 'crunch' moments when we needed something to happen.

Pelly trusts him and when he's back to full fitness, he'll form a more regular part of the starting line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.