Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llandegren said:
Bruun said:
Llandegren said:
Am i the only who feels unsafe when it come to our transfers this summer. Nothing seems to go as planed bcuz ffp

I feel comfortable, i think they knew what was coming all along.

Tell me your thoughts. Whos in and out?

I would try to keep the same base of players, and make no radical changes. I would ship out Richards because of him being out of contract next year and i dont see any trust from the board in him, then of course also Lescott, Barry and Pantilimon as they are out of contract. Add to the outgoing players Garcia, as i see Fernando as an upgrade to Garcia, and Garcia will take up a valued place on the allocated players next season. I'd rather see Rodwell stay and get a chance, even considering Garcia's increase in performance.
I'd like to keep Kolarov, Milner and all four of our strikers.

Ins on the other hand, i'm fine with getting Sagna on a free, because of our 49m £ restriction, otherwise i would have went for someone like Serge Aurier who's going to Arsenal, but that's not gonna happen, and i'm fine with getting Sagna while we nurture one of our own talents to take over from Sagna and eventually Zabaleta.
Personally i'd rather we go for Mangala instead of Benatia, i'm deeply impressed by Mangala and his physical attribues, and he would definately learn a lot from playing with Kompany and Demichelis, plus he's capable of playing left back if needed (God forbid we sell Kolarov), in a year when Demichelis is probably released on a free, i'd be happy with the centrebacks: Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic and Rekik, depending on Rekiks development.
And then of course i'm looking forward to see Fernando in the City shirt.

I doubt we will do anymore business this season, and i don't really think it's needed if we keep the base we have. No need to waste more than necessarily, plus we'll show a statement by not spending to our limit.

I'm flapping. Please understand, I realize I'm flapping. But I can't help but have flashbacks of 2012. We seem to be flailing or potentially grossly overpaying for any central defensive help, seem satisfied to sign no offensive difference makers and our primary addition is trending towards a primarily defensive midfielder in his mid 20s from the Portugese league for whom we seem to be facing no competition (sound familiar). Meanwhile Chelsea is massively strengthening.

I concede that we have certain financial limitations for the current window and typically have full faith in those in positions of influence at the club, but can we really afford a summer where we don't (or barely) improve our starting 11? I like the players we signed last summer, but only Fern would be preferred starter at this point, after almost 100 mil spent. Combine that with an aging squad (look at other contenders under 25 players on ours) and I become concerned. Once again, I am flapping, I am well aware it is entirely ludicrous behavior and apologize on those grounds.

Instant_Offense said:
I'm flapping. Please understand, I realize I'm flapping. But I can't help but have flashbacks of 2012. We seem to be flailing or potentially grossly overpaying for any central defensive help, seem satisfied to sign no offensive difference makers and our primary addition is trending towards a primarily defensive midfielder in his mid 20s from the Portugese league for whom we seem to be facing no competition (sound familiar). Meanwhile Chelsea is massively strengthening.

I concede that we have certain financial limitations for the current window and typically have full faith in those in positions of influence at the club, but can we really afford a summer where we don't (or barely) improve our starting 11? I like the players we signed last summer, but only Fern would be preferred starter at this point, after almost 100 mil spent. Combine that with an aging squad (look at other contenders under 25 players on ours) and I become concerned. Once again, I am flapping, I am well aware it is entirely ludicrous behavior and apologize on those grounds.

June 5th.

Dammit, man, get a hold of yourself.

Instant_Offense said:

Your not flapping your on the wind up you know it I know it, please desist

Bruun said:
Llandegren said:
Bruun said:
I feel comfortable, i think they knew what was coming all along.

Tell me your thoughts. Whos in and out?

I would try to keep the same base of players, and make no radical changes. I would ship out Richards because of him being out of contract next year and i dont see any trust from the board in him, then of course also Lescott, Barry and Pantilimon as they are out of contract. Add to the outgoing players Garcia, as i see Fernando as an upgrade to Garcia, and Garcia will take up a valued place on the allocated players next season. I'd rather see Rodwell stay and get a chance, even considering Garcia's increase in performance.
I'd like to keep Kolarov, Milner and all four of our strikers.

Ins on the other hand, i'm fine with getting Sagna on a free, because of our 49m £ restriction, otherwise i would have went for someone like Serge Aurier who's going to Arsenal, but that's not gonna happen, and i'm fine with getting Sagna while we nurture one of our own talents to take over from Sagna and eventually Zabaleta.
Personally i'd rather we go for Mangala instead of Benatia, i'm deeply impressed by Mangala and his physical attribues, and he would definately learn a lot from playing with Kompany and Demichelis, plus he's capable of playing left back if needed (God forbid we sell Kolarov), in a year when Demichelis is probably released on a free, i'd be happy with the centrebacks: Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic and Rekik, depending on Rekiks development.
And then of course i'm looking forward to see Fernando in the City shirt.

I doubt we will do anymore business this season, and i don't really think it's needed if we keep the base we have. No need to waste more than necessarily, plus we'll show a statement by not spending to our limit.

Makes sense.

Instant_Offense said:

I smell shit !!!

I would not bother with either Mangala or Benetia for the money being touted. Fernando will add the defensive stability we need. Call Rekik back and we would be covered.

Keep the squad together. Make Jimmy, Yaya and Micah all stay.

Lets keep the cash we have in our pockets and wait for an opportunity that suits us to present itself. We dont want to be running round blowing what bit of cash we have on players who are not good enough, we made that mistake last time we won the league.

People seem worried about Chelsea after all the stories of them strengthening. We only play them twice a season. We lost to them twice last season and still won the league. All we have to do is improve our consistency. I believe with the added steel Fernando will bring plus being able to rotate Zabba with Sagna we will shore up that defence. Lets try and keep players out of the physios room and we will see if Pellers has learnt from the mistakes he made last season.

Lets batton down the hatches and ride this season out.

I don't want to tempt fate and of course things can change overnight, but I got the sense that towards the very end of the season Jovetic was starting to be settled, stay fit and play his part. If that continues for next season then we have virtually a new player already to call upon who can do things for us at the top level.

Also Kun missed maybe half of last season through injury and IF he stays fit next term then with him and Jovetic we will have significantly added firepower but without having to spend any new money this window.

IF Nasty returns to fitness and form (he seemed to just get back to full fitness at the death last season but only on the bench as Demechelis had settled in the role) then we have again another player to call upon this term.

Cover at the back in the central defense is possibly needed and certainly at right full-back where we need cover for Zabs. However with somebody like Fernando just in front of the back four (assuming we get him of course) would take the urgency out of the situation and particularly if Nasty gets back to his true form and starts pushing Demechelis for spot.

Hopefully, getting the beast back to confidence and form will be like having a new striker as well. He can't just have lost every goal-scoring instinct overnight surely ?

You always have to factor in other injuries to the same or different players but I think we have cover in most positions - apart from Hart.

So, a right full-back, buy Fernando, and get a quality stand-in for Joe or even somebody to challenge for his place to keep him on his toes.

No need to spend mega-bucks this term. We won the league this year despite having a raft of injuries, Vinnie, Demechelis, Jovetic, Kun and Nasty and despite having little or no cover for other key players like Vinnie, Zabs, Fernandinho. We also had a ew manager who adapted the team to a new pattern of play and with a number of new players.

Next season there won't be the teething problems of the first half of last season where we dropped a lot of points away from home.

Chelsea will be stronger next term so that as to be factored also but the dippers will be in the Champions League as well and so tat will divert some of their energies and I think their pattern of play is limited nd was getting 'found-out' towards the end last season.

All-in-all, looking good. Just hope no injuries from the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.