Fernando

Why? played in a 3 or with dinho he has been good,a more rigid structure will suit him much better

Some people made their minds up about Fernando in 14/15 when he was playing through injury, and stopped actually watching his performances since then - why bother? Theyd already made up their minds.

His form after Christmas last season was excellent, and with Guardiolas need for midfielders and our lack of them, it shouldn't really be a surprise that he's staying.

He'll probably move on next summer but for now he's a very handy player to have around.

If he can stay fit.

I'm happy with that. Gives us another option in the centre of the park which is vital for certain games. He's stepped up this season unlike many others.

Since Pep like to switch players position, I hope he use Nando & Dinho as CBs when needed instead of spending a lot to buy new CBs.

I think he like Bony, Nasri, Navas, Zabletta, Kolorov and Demechelis knows that his time his up with us. A good squad player but not good enough for the next level and the fact that he counts as a foreign player isn't in his favour.

You may well be right, but who knows what Pep can make him into, left back wouldn't surprise me, we'll see I guess, we should not write him off yet, as he was criminally misused at times last season.
Fernando had a poor first season partly due to injury but has grown in stature over the last 6 months. I agree with the assessment that his job is not to pick out a killer pass but to gather up the ball and give it to a man in space. Some of the criticism is way off the mark and he may not be on his bike this summer as many seem to think.
As for Delph who knows. Personally I can't see him making it here under Pep. It is true he has not yet had a real chance to show what he is made of but unless he can stay fit and be more disciplined in his play I don't think he will fit in. This belief which I have heard on here a lot that he can be converted into a Pep left back is interesting but not sure how realistic it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.