Ferran Soriano Interview

Wow, I found the youtube version here, absolutely love it:

There are so many interesting information:
- Why Barcelona failed in Frank Rijkaard's era, and looking at what Pep did right after becoming Barcelona manager, you can see how different Pep is.
- Comparing to other interviews about our clubs, it gives much more inside the roles and how Ferran and Txiki work with Pep, and what's the principles behind our decisions, from selecting Pep as Barcelona manager to selecting Pep and Man City manager. And the reasons why did we choose Haaland, this part shows a polar contrast with how Man Utd do (at least before Ten Hag comes).
- Our managers' opinion about "good person" vs. "talent/skills"
- Opinions about Luck (his idea is mentioned in much more detail in his book: "Goal: The Ball Doesn't Go In By Chance: Management Ideas from the World of Football")
- Because of that belief, it leads to our opinions about winning Premier League vs. Champion League.
- He also mentioned why didn't we buy any players from Barcelona (until the interview last year).

This is my favourite interview about Man City.

great and very interesting interview

Thanks for sharing this fantastic interview. I love the ethos about the ball not going in the next by chance.

FWIW, r kid used to have conversations on social media with Ferran’s sister who was an executive wt Nike. She was always very interested in City.

It’s going to be spectacular when the new North Stand is eventually open and I have a lot of confidence that our off the field leaders will find a top quality replacement for Pep when he moves on one day.

The focus on the international fan base will alarm some bits it’s a long time since I’ve felt so connected with the Club.
Yes, I do think that it's extremely hard (if not possible) to find another person who could bring success like Pep; but I agree that we still are a successful club after Pep as long as the core values of the club are still there.

And just to share another interesting clip (if you like management/leadership skills), 9 years ago, Ferran explained the principles of how we work totally differently from the way Man Utd worked with Alex Ferguson. It's very interesting that he could predict how Man Utd would get a big challenging pos-Alex, while he looks very confident if one of the top leaders in Man City would ever leave:
(at 58:00)
- Basically, Man Utd worked with an autocratic style (Alex Ferguson) vs. at Man City, there are many bosses working together as a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.