Ferran Soriano Interview

The guy who has the podcast told me, that no questions about CAS or Mansour where allowed.

Thats tells me the PL investigation is still ongoing.

It takes to long to explain

Everything he said would be twisted

All of the above?
Or that the club have put it to bed and can't be arsed with journalists bringing back into the consciousness?
It's done let's move on. And you're right everything gets twisted.

Khaldoon and Soriano are expert operators and more than capable of handling the UK media. They are a class act and we should hear more from them in public. That was a superb interview and he didn't duck any questions. It deserves a wider audience.
I am sure they can handle the UK media which is why they don’t get invited is my point

Didn’t miss any specifics did I about expansion of ground or CFG
Specifics? No. He did say they're going to expand the North stand and seemed to be saying that there's more to come expansion wise (ohh matron!), no new stadium though. I don't think he mentioned the CFG?

Also confirms the North Stand is to be extended.
I was on the stadium tour before the Villa game and asked the question and was infomed it was defintely going ahead and was only due to COVID it had been delayed.

Sorry I forgot to add I was told this is due to the stadium needing 60,000 capacity to be able to host Champs League Final at some point.

Wow, I found the youtube version here, absolutely love it:

There are so many interesting information:
- Why Barcelona failed in Frank Rijkaard's era, and looking at what Pep did right after becoming Barcelona manager, you can see how different Pep is.
- Comparing to other interviews about our clubs, it gives much more inside the roles and how Ferran and Txiki work with Pep, and what's the principles behind our decisions, from selecting Pep as Barcelona manager to selecting Pep and Man City manager. And the reasons why did we choose Haaland, this part shows a polar contrast with how Man Utd do (at least before Ten Hag comes).
- Our managers' opinion about "good person" vs. "talent/skills"
- Opinions about Luck (his idea is mentioned in much more detail in his book: "Goal: The Ball Doesn't Go In By Chance: Management Ideas from the World of Football")
- Because of that belief, it leads to our opinions about winning Premier League vs. Champion League.
- He also mentioned why didn't we buy any players from Barcelona (until the interview last year).

This is my favourite interview about Man City.

Last edited:
Wow, I found the youtube version here, absolutely love it:

There are so many interesting information:
- Why Barcelona failed in Frank Rijkaard's era, and looking at what Pep did right after becoming Barcelona manager, you can see how different Pep is.
- Comparing to other interviews about our clubs, it gives much more inside the roles and how Ferran and Txiki work with Pep, and what's the principles behind our decisions, from selecting Pep as Barcelona manager to selecting Pep and Man City manager. And the reasons why did we choose Haaland, this part shows a polar contrast with how Man Utd do (at least before Ten Hag comes).
- Our managers' opinion about "good person" vs. "talent/skills"
- Opinions about Luck (his idea is mentioned in much more detail in his book: "Goal: The Ball Doesn't Go In By Chance: Management Ideas from the World of Football")
- Because of that belief, it leads to our opinions about winning Premier League vs. Champion League.
- He also mentioned why didn't we buy any players from Barcelona (until the interview last year).

This is my favourite interview about Man City.

Yep - great find.

UK mefia take note - what an intelligent informed, respectful but probing interviewer can garner.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.