Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Silva_Spell said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Well for me he hasn't spent wisely with what he's been entrusted with so far, must be near £200,000,000 so far and arguably not one solid core player out of it....at least with the money the red shite blew they got a player of Di Maria's calibre. We have missed targets such as him, Hazard, Sanchez, Isco to name but a few because we wouldn't go the extra mile and ended up with stocking fillers instead

With the Negredo sale we've spent around 66m net since Txiki took over.

Navas 14m
Negredo 16m
Fernandinho 30m
Jovetic 22m
Demichelis 3.5m
Mangala 32m
Fernando 12m
Sagna 0m
Caballlero 4.4/6m
Zucullini 1.5m

Tevez 12m
Denis 1m
Rodwell 10/13m
Garcia 13m
Helan 0.4m
Barry 2m
Negredo 26m
Huws 2.5/3.25m
Pantillimon 0m
Lescott 0m
Bridge 0m
Kolo 0m
Santa Cruz 0m
Maicon 0m

He has also had to deal with FFP and the mess of wages etc. left behind from the Hughes 'era'. I think he has done well on the whole.

From now on tho we need to sprinkle a couple of Marque players on top of what we have, and hopefully replace a couple of the squad players with a youngster or 2

Can't see Balotelli on that list, you can add another £19m to that calculation.

Adam Johnson? £10m?

When you look at it like that, it's quite amazing that our net spend is circa £40mil over the last 3 windows. Can any stattos out there confirm we've not missed anything?

Just shows that if we can release the constraints over the next 12 months then we should be able to hopefully acquire some players of the required quality.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Silva_Spell said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Well for me he hasn't spent wisely with what he's been entrusted with so far, must be near £200,000,000 so far and arguably not one solid core player out of it....at least with the money the red shite blew they got a player of Di Maria's calibre. We have missed targets such as him, Hazard, Sanchez, Isco to name but a few because we wouldn't go the extra mile and ended up with stocking fillers instead

With the Negredo sale we've spent around 66m net since Txiki took over.

Navas 14m
Negredo 16m
Fernandinho 30m
Jovetic 22m
Demichelis 3.5m
Mangala 32m
Fernando 12m
Sagna 0m
Caballlero 4.4/6m
Zucullini 1.5m

Tevez 12m
Denis 1m
Rodwell 10/13m
Garcia 13m
Helan 0.4m
Barry 2m
Negredo 26m
Huws 2.5/3.25m
Pantillimon 0m
Lescott 0m
Bridge 0m
Kolo 0m
Santa Cruz 0m
Maicon 0m

He has also had to deal with FFP and the mess of wages etc. left behind from the Hughes 'era'. I think he has done well on the whole.

From now on tho we need to sprinkle a couple of Marque players on top of what we have, and hopefully replace a couple of the squad players with a youngster or 2

Can't see Balotelli on that list, you can add another £19m to that calculation.

Adam Johnson? £10m?
only balo was done by txiki i think.

when you look at it like that it is excellent. my only real problem is that we are not following the barca and ajax blueprint our average age has shot up and our pace has slowed accordingly . this mainly because we brought nothing of note through the academy it will take time . but .other teams buy youth to fill that gap suarez boateng sturridge have left and we have no pace or vitality this is our only real failure

Our player recruitment since Begiristain arrived at the club has been nothing short of disastrous.

Some people have managed to convince themselves that he is some sort of demi good because he used to work for Barcelona and has a cool name. The fact is that he has overseen some shocking player recruitment and hasn't secured us a single piece of value in the market.

I wouldn't trust the fucker with another penny if I was our owner.

Who are our standout performers? Hart, Zab, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Milner. All signed before these two arrived. They've signed most of the dross. Time for us to stop signing also rans, because we need an injection of quality and quickly.

Love Bites and Everything said:
Our player recruitment since Begiristain arrived at the club has been nothing short of disastrous.

Some people have managed to convince themselves that he is some sort of demi good because he used to work for Barcelona and has a cool name. The fact is that he has overseen some shocking player recruitment and hasn't secured us a single piece of value in the market.

Absolutely bang on the money!

hgblue said:
Who are our standout performers? Hart, Zab, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Milner. All signed before these two arrived. They've signed most of the dross. Time for us to stop signing also rans, because we need an injection of quality and quickly.

At last the penny is starting to drop.
At last!

TGR said:
Love Bites and Everything said:

Absolutely bang on the money!

Yep

I know these guys are here to see things five years down the line rather than five weeks, but surely they're going to have to pull some serious Pogba and Reus sized rabbits out of hats this summer?

hgblue said:

Except some of this 'dross' helped us win a DOUBLE last year! They haven't simply become bad footballers, especially Fernandinho, they are just off form or not playing well for some reason or another. A bit like Zaba is probably the worst right now he has been in 3 or 4 years. We do need some big, big signings I feel but just remember the football this squad played last season, some of the best EVER seen in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.