Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
EalingBlue2 said:
GaudinoMotors said:
BillyShears said:
This is the trouble with you guys who just look at numbers on a piece of paper rather than actually spending a bit of time researching the facts behind the figures. You reach systematic damning conclusions which are a long way from reality.

To begin with, why would you look at Malaga's away record when they were a club in a totally different situation than the one City are in. If anything you should avoid talking about Malaga like the plague, because the truth is that at Malaga, just like at Villareal, Pellegrini took nothing teams into the latter stages of the CL whilst still remaining relatively competitive in the domestic league. Malaga supporters were delighted with Pellegrini and his time in charge of them, as were the Villareal supporters. This suggests that they could see that with the limited resources he had, the job he did was excellent.

Better to focus on our away form, which isn't good enough and really needs to fix up tout suite. It's subjective, but for me our performances on the whole have gotten better. The goals we've conceded have been largely down to individual player error rather than any systematic failure on the manager's part. Yes ultimately the responsibility lies with the manager - so if at the end of the season we're still conceding soft goals, still not winning games away from home, and have not won any trophies, then it's fair to have a go. In fact, if we're 12 points off the title in January/February it's fair to have a go.

What I find knee jerk and a bit sad is that it's all going on in November when there are more positives than there are negatives in our progress under Pellegrini and we're still in every competition we've entered. That's already progress on this time last season.

Don't forget that after we won the league and whilst still in Europe you were calling for Mancini to be replaced - for many there were way more positives than negatives then. At least those expressing concerns now - have 4 points out of 18 to discuss. Yes yes progressing in Europe - but Frank Clark would have got through that group.

There is nothing I have seen to suggest that Mancini would have got us through that group - no evidence in the slightest

Morning mate flip that around and what evidence is there that he wouldn't?? His prior CL record? I can honestly say Mancini would have got us through to the knokout stage this season but it is irrelevent now. All we can do is look to the future and stop "wetting our pants"

waspish said:
TGR said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Let's just see what happens. I can't be arsed arguing hypotheticals until the season pans out properly.

You can't be arsed arguing due to the simple reason is that you have no answer to the question.
I'll tell you the answer that everyone else here knows but you in your usual bullish blinkered manner refuse to ignore:
He hasn't. Fact.

He is a yes man and a man who doesn't like to upset people that's all to see when subs need subbing he sits on his arse and does fuck all to its to late..

Our away form will not change one iota we will play great be unlucky or a mistake by a player and lose or scrape a draw! The reason is discipline mentality and the way we set up away from home its to attacking!

We have 13 away games left if we get 20 points out of them it will be a miracle..

Miracles are million to one shots right? So you would confidently wager your entire possessions against £20 of my money we won't get 20 more points away I expect if you went to a bookie you would get less than evens on 20 more points - miracle - nonsnse

EalingBlue2 said:
waspish said:
TGR said:
You can't be arsed arguing due to the simple reason is that you have no answer to the question.
I'll tell you the answer that everyone else here knows but you in your usual bullish blinkered manner refuse to ignore:
He hasn't. Fact.

He is a yes man and a man who doesn't like to upset people that's all to see when subs need subbing he sits on his arse and does fuck all to its to late..

Our away form will not change one iota we will play great be unlucky or a mistake by a player and lose or scrape a draw! The reason is discipline mentality and the way we set up away from home its to attacking!

We have 13 away games left if we get 20 points out of them it will be a miracle..

Miracles are million to one shots right? So you would confidently wager your entire possessions against £20 of my money we won't get 20 more points away I expect if you went to a bookie you would get less than evens on 20 more points - miracle - nonsnse
West Brom,Southampton,Fulham and Swansea away are our next 4 aways in the league.Home games with Spurs,Swansea,The tarquins and the dippers.
A tough period for anyone

NQCitizen said:
OB1 said:
NQCitizen said:
A loss to our main title rivals, the loss at villa, the key goal against bayern. That's just off the top of my head.

So it's really two long balls that have legitimately been scored from in the league but you say we've been undone time and time again - interesting.

There's no doubt though that the one at chelsea should have been easy to deal with.

So it's been a huge factor in 50% of our away losses at least? 75% if you do include Sunderland.

To be totally honest I can't remember how we conceded the corners we then let in at Cardiff.

Yes it has been a crucial factor in the defeats at Villa and Chelsea but that is not the same as being undone time and time again, unless you wrote time twice in order to indicate twice. Anyhow, semantics aside, both those goals though could and should have been dealt with by the players involved and had little or nothing, IMO, to do with tactical failings.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:14 am --<br /><br />
Train said:
Didsbury Dave said:
And I simply do not buy this theory that the players somehow "threw" the cup final to get rid of Mancini. The players knew well before that game that he was history. By the morning of the cup final every person every person in England knew Mancini was toast regardless of the result.

So why would the players throw the game when they knew its outcome had no effect on the manager? And why did they disguise it so well that they dominated and made big chances for long periods of the game?

I agree. It also didn't help that Mancini decided to substitute our best performing players on the day in Nasri and Tevez around the hour mark.

I agree too.

BillyShears said:
But the discussions in this thread this morning, and I use the term discussion very loosely, was nothing more than a series of conspiracy theories about how Mancini was terribly hard done by by Txiki and Ferran...........It's hard not to sneer at stupidity like that, not least because of the enormous disservice it does our owners.
As a consistent enthusiast for the Sheikh and the blessed Khaldoon I find this rebuke a stark contrast to the Cabal's three year campaign against our owner's previous choice of manager - and not all their vilification was reserved for Mancini either - witness this charming little thread started by one of their own at the start of the project
DidsburyDave : A Bit Disappointed in the Chairman and The Sheikh Tue Apr 06 said:
I feel really confident that we will be in the champions league next year.However, some comments on Talksport earlier have brought me down to earth a bit. Mike Parry made the point that there are no "good" owners in the premier league any more and he's right if I'm brutally honest. Ok, so our guy has a few quid. And his Chairman seems pretty hands-on to a point. But when was the last time you saw one of them wearing a City shirt?
It's fun to have a rummage in the post histories of these tubthumpers!

Didsbury Dave said:
And I simply do not buy this theory that the players somehow "threw" the cup final to get rid of Mancini. The players knew well before that game that he was history. By the morning of the cup final every person every person in England knew Mancini was toast regardless of the result.

So why would the players throw the game when they knew its outcome had no effect on the manager? And why did they disguise it so well that they dominated and made big chances for long periods of the game?

Whilst I don't really recall us dominating or making big chances (Tevez's aside) in the final, I agree it's nonsensical that the players deliberately threw the game.

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
But the discussions in this thread this morning, and I use the term discussion very loosely, was nothing more than a series of conspiracy theories about how Mancini was terribly hard done by by Txiki and Ferran...........It's hard not to sneer at stupidity like that, not least because of the enormous disservice it does our owners.
As a consistent enthusiast for the Sheikh and the blessed Khaldoon I find this rebuke a stark contrast to the Cabal's three year campaign against our owner's previous choice of manager - and not all their vilification was reserved for Mancini either - witness this charming little thread started by one of their own at the start of the project
DidsburyDave : A Bit Disappointed in the Chairman and The Sheikh Tue Apr 06 said:
I feel really confident that we will be in the champions league next year.However, some comments on Talksport earlier have brought me down to earth a bit. Mike Parry made the point that there are no "good" owners in the premier league any more and he's right if I'm brutally honest. Ok, so our guy has a few quid. And his Chairman seems pretty hands-on to a point. But when was the last time you saw one of them wearing a City shirt?
We've all said stuff which makes us look silly at a later date GH.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Didsbury Dave certainly has, and I've had much pleasure getting a few digs in here and there, but in that instance I don't even think it would be right to call it tongue-in-cheek. It's not subtle enough to tongue-in-cheek, it's outright sarcasm. There's no fucking way he was genuinely criticising Mansour or Khaldoon for not wearing a City shirt.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
I await the crushing recital of my own past sins with trepidation ;-)

For your pleasure though, Sheikh Mansour in a City shirt:

wDKPoGr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.