Ferran Torres (FC Barcelona)

Apart from it being mentioned frequently on here, is there any evidence that they've failed to pay?
I didn't say they hadn't. The poster I quoted was wondering whether UEFA would act if Barcelona hadn't paid us and stated that we'd have to report them for any action to be taken. In this speculative scenario, I've said that it would fall down at the point where we'd need to report them as we are far too nice as a club.

Really makes no odds to us either way as we’re not short of cash and the fee is booked in it’s entirety as income in year 1 anyway, whatever the payment schedule is.

I'm not arsed about it, but people speculating/ worrying about Barca and the details of the transfer / fee / payment etc.

Good deal for City , so whenever it comes in ,

Really makes no odds to us either way as we’re not short of cash and the fee is booked in it’s entirety as income in year 1 anyway, whatever the payment schedule is.
It makes a difference when City fans are having a go at the 'Barca Mafia (Pep/Txiki/Ferran) for being too lenient and/or doing deals that are against the best interests of our club because they're ex Barca

I didn't say they hadn't. The poster I quoted was wondering whether UEFA would act if Barcelona hadn't paid us and stated that we'd have to report them for any action to be taken. In this speculative scenario, I've said that it would fall down at the point where we'd need to report them as we are far too nice as a club.
Ah, sorry mate - I probably shouldn't have quoted your post.
There just seems to be lots of posts saying Barca haven't paid, but nothing showing that to actually be the case

It makes a difference when City fans are having a go at the 'Barca Mafia (Pep/Txiki/Ferran) for being too lenient and/or doing deals that are against the best interests of our club because they're ex Barca
We got £50m from Barca for a £25m player. I’ve no issues with such leniency. I also trust them to track the schedule of payments over any fucker on here who goes off 4th hand info.

Cheers for clearing that up..

11 goals in 13 international apps is indeed impressive..elite level figures,and perhaps why Barca paid more than twice we paid for Torres when he decided he was homesick....his value had doubled, certainly for those with Spanish eyes....
He’s hit double figures across a season once in about 8 seasons.

He had a purple patch for Spain. He has scored 3 in his last 15 for Spain now.

The guy is average for the level he plays at. He will do well to hit 100 career goals when his career inevitably veers towards a mid-table La Liga team.

Elite players do it for longer than 4 months

He’s hit double figures across a season once in about 8 seasons.

He had a purple patch for Spain. He has scored 3 in his last 15 for Spain now.

The guy is average for the level he plays at. He will do well to hit 100 career goals when his career inevitably veers towards a mid-table La Liga team.

Elite players do it for longer than 4 months
If you look closely at his career progression. There is absolutely nothing average about the player.

He has suffered mental health issues the past couple of seasons.
and his form has dipped..perhaps understandably .

The stats, up until his transfer back to Spainish club football are pretty special for a player operating from a wide posistion as well as inside forward.
His current career stagnation,surely influenced by medical issues,should not ,Imo,detract from the success of his early years,which,in my book is phenomenal..not average.

Pep thought so too...moving country and not getting a regular start in England must have given his confidence a hammering...surely ...altho he still led the line for his country even tho not thought of as an orthodox forward....The covid years of uncertainty, ...again spent away from his homeland/ language barrier.. could not have helped...

I hope he gets back on track,form is temporary,Class is permanent.

For me..,the fact that Pep signed him for us after a spectacular early career in Spain,the audacious back heeled volley at St James Park,the doubling of the players transfer value and Billion pound Barcelona release clause in his current contractual agreement,all point towards a player who is far from average.....Mental health issues have afflicted many a talented footballers career...I for one hope the lad can overcome his current difficulties and return,once again to flourish for club and country.

We are not going go agree on the player..,but when I see players scoring the type of goals I've never come close to,after 50 years of playing football,I sit up and take notice...

Just because a player leaves Manchester City doesn't make him " average"

We,'ll see if he bounces back ,or not.

Last edited:
Paid over 5 seasons but first payment was a year after we sold him! Don’t know when the last payment was due! Last thing I saw was they still owe 43m but maybe they’ve paid another instalment..

Don’t know what the rules are but if a club don’t pay one of there instalments that’s a failure in ffp, it might still depend on if the club who are due the payment report them!?
Perhaps we sold the debt to a financial institution, which is what clubs do in regards to staged payments
Club sells a player for £50m
Buying club agrees to pay the money in five payments of £10m
Selling club needs money immediately so sells the debt for £45m and the institution that buys the debt makes a couple of million over the course of five years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.