Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an absurdly good price if true. Txiki masterclass.

He has had one good year and is out of contract next summer. Its a risk and they have to sell, hence the price. But I like it. If he doesn't cut it we can cope, if he carries that form on then he is a great buy.

https://fbref.com/en/

They use data from StatsBomb who work with a lot of Premier League and European clubs and are an interesting follow on twitter if you're interested in stats at all. They have a habit of picking up players who are about to explode before they do - Ziyech and Alisson are the ones that made me pay attention to them really.
Thank you, I just need a few days to interpret it all now!

La Liga journalists going crazy right now.

"Year left on his deal or not, Ferran Torres at the final price of €25m plus €10m in variables is an excellent bit of business for Man City.
20-years-old, one of the most exciting prospects in the world in his position, just had his breakthrough year in a major European league, established first team starter for his club. Also include strong performances at CL and a leader with Spain at youth level. That covers it.It is like when Real Madrid got Toni Kroos. Had a year left on his deal, €25m. It's a market opportunity. You take those. Probably one of their best pieces of business ever when you look at his role at RM during their success. Ferran can REALLY explode in the next few years. loves to drive at players. Mentioned in a scouting video I did too, he has excellent 'arrival'. Brilliant at picking time to move, meet the ball."

Ooh, I like the sound of that :-)

La Liga journalists going crazy right now.

"Year left on his deal or not, Ferran Torres at the final price of €25m plus €10m in variables is an excellent bit of business for Man City.
20-years-old, one of the most exciting prospects in the world in his position, just had his breakthrough year in a major European league, established first team starter for his club. Also include strong performances at CL and a leader with Spain at youth level. That covers it.It is like when Real Madrid got Toni Kroos. Had a year left on his deal, €25m. It's a market opportunity. You take those. Probably one of their best pieces of business ever when you look at his role at RM during their success. Ferran can REALLY explode in the next few years. loves to drive at players. Mentioned in a scouting video I did too, he has excellent 'arrival'. Brilliant at picking time to move, meet the ball. We are in no doubt he also has the ability to do it on a freezing cold, wet December night at Burnley."

Well he over the last 3 seasons he has averaged 17.2 , 24.3 & 18.5 pressures per game.

Sané averaged 12.6 & 16.9 in his last 2 seasons.

Bernardo has averaged 16.6, 27.5 (!!!) & 18.1

So he's not afraid to press, but he's not a whirlwind like Bernardo at his best. Under Marcelino last season he wasn't that far away though, 24.3 is very high.

Have Sane's numbers from Schalke? where he would have to have defended more like Torres does at Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.