Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. If those were the 2 choices. If say Mahrez. Even though he looks a quicker Mahrez.
Different players though no? Mahrez is left footed. Torres is right. So if Torres were to play on the right he'd give something different.

In transition Torres could be useful. I think it was against Burnley where Dinho sprayed a ball wide for Mahrez and he went down the pitch, because of his lack of pace cut in, but had to cut back out to hit it with his right foot to score. All good, but might not always come off. Most times Mahrez and be seen as selfish in these situations, but because he isn't right footed he can't put in a good cross much like how Sane did for Sterling a lot. Torres has really good crosses so in a counter attacking situation could cross the ball to a speedy Sterling or Jesus.

Different players though no? Mahrez is left footed. Torres is right. So if Torres were to play on the right he'd give something different.

In transition Torres could be useful. I think it was against Burnley where Dinho sprayed a ball wide for Mahrez and he went down the pitch, because of his lack of pace cut in, but had to cut back out to hit it with his right foot to score. All good, but might not always come off. Most times Mahrez and be seen as selfish in these situations, but because he isn't right footed he can't put in a good cross much like how Sane did for Sterling a lot. Torres has really good crosses so in a counter attacking situation could cross the ball to a speedy Sterling or Jesus.
The problem is, Torres won't improve our finishing this way. He rarely gets into shooting positions while playing RW at Valencia, so we'll have to rely on Sterling/Jesus pair to score. Mark Sterling closely, and you have only Jesus with his poor finishing skills left.

I have nothing against Torres per se, he'd be a very good purchase when looked in isolation. But I was hoping to get someone improving the team firepower, with the ability to play centrally when needed. Going into next season with an aging striker after knee op and his bang average backup is a recipe for another disaster.

The problem is, Torres won't improve our finishing this way. He rarely gets into shooting positions while playing RW at Valencia, so we'll have to rely on Sterling/Jesus pair to score. Mark Sterling closely, and you have only Jesus with his poor finishing skills left.

I have nothing against Torres per se, he'd be a very good purchase when looked in isolation. But I was hoping to get someone improving the team firepower, with the ability to play centrally when needed. Going into next season with an aging striker after knee op and his bang average backup is a recipe for another disaster.
Yeah I was just pointing out the difference between Mahrez and Torres. I agree neither Sterling nor Jesus are clinical and that has been our biggest problem especially in transition. With Sterling though, he's more of an inside forward and isn't the type of winger who's going to supply the cross either so Pep tries to put him in areas where he can finish. Kind of like how against Spurs where Kev put in a cross for Sterling to head at the far post. Jesus is weird in that sometimes he looks brilliant and sometimes looks dreadful. He thinks too much and is too indecisive a lot of times.

I wouldn't mind someone like Son of course who could probably play LW and as a #9 and can finish. It would probably depend on a lot of things. CAS appeal. Spurs may need funds because they aren't getting CL, but could still be quite expensive. I guess we'll see.

1st choice for me would obviously be Son because of his talent and flexibility, having said that I can see why pep would want a right footed Mahrez.

Noone can replace Sané as a like for like so we buy what suits us best.

1st choice for me would obviously be Son because of his talent and flexibility, having said that I can see why pep would want a right footed Mahrez.

Noone can replace Sané as a like for like so we buy what suits us best.
I like son but I think he is too similar to Jesus for us to buy him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.