Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, realistically I'd think Sterling and Mahrez are first choice on the wings next year, Torres gets the year to bed in the team (a la Sane and Bernardo in their respective first seasons here), Braaf gets the odd minutes once the fixtures start piling up, then the following year is likely Mahrez's last significant contributing season, while Torres progresses and Braaf's minutes increase. Obviously that's all hypothetical and best case scenario, but it's a possibility.
I think Sterling may well end up playing more and more as a central striker for us next season, especially if Jesus doesn’t improve his conversion rate

not sure about that but he can play even as a second striker, also he's six foot tall, taller than eric garcia :p Also no worries about the kid tracking back since at valencia they played like atletico lite, with everyone scrapping in the midfield
So he plays up front, in the right and tracks back, seems like he plays everywhere except the left

I think Sterling may well end up playing more and more as a central striker for us next season, especially if Jesus doesn’t improve his conversion rate
Personally I don’t think Jesus has been that bad. 14 Premier League Goals and has played nowhere the same amount of football as players in and around that tally. Easily a 20 goal a season (prem) striker should he be the first choice for us. Sadly he’s competing with the greatest striker we’ve ever had!

Personally I don’t think Jesus has been that bad. 14 Premier League Goals and has played nowhere the same amount of football as players in and around that tally. Easily a 20 goal a season (prem) striker should he be the first choice for us. Sadly he’s competing with the greatest striker we’ve ever had!

Jesus gets a raw deal. He’s got bags of talent and incredibly quick feet but at times he’s a bit immature and prone to errors - but he’ll get better in time. I find it interesting that many of those that are critical of Jesus are the ones saying we should sign Haarland. Haarland is very raw and even more prone to the type of naive errors Jesus makes.

Jesus is a very good player but he’s got a lot of work to do if he is to be a top class striker.

IMO, there are a lot of decent strikers in the PL which if they played for City, would be just as productive, if not more, from a goal scoring perspective.

I’d love to see Gabby take a leaf out of Vardy’s book and just work in smashing the ball on target when through in goal. I feel that whenever Gabs goes one-on-one with the keeper or gets a sniff at goal, he hesitates and tries to place the ball in the net. It’s probably the reason he misses so many good chances.

Jesus gets a raw deal. He’s got bags of talent and incredibly quick feet but at times he’s a bit immature and prone to errors - but he’ll get better in time. I find it interesting that many of those that are critical of Jesus are the ones saying we should sign Haarland. Haarland is very raw and even more prone to the type of naive errors Jesus makes.
His biggest downfall is offside,he gets in some great positions and then fucks it by going too soon,IMO.
If he could hold the line better,then I see 10-15 more goals a season in him.....just opinion.

Jesus is one of those players that has to play constantly to keep sharp and confident , he is not a player who can just slot in and out the team he needs a run and when he does the goals start to flow .

Jesus is one of those players that has to play constantly to keep sharp and confident , he is not a player who can just slot in and out the team he needs a run and when he does the goals start to flow .
yep, definitely a confidence player, but he's not alone in that respect. id say half the team are like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.