Fever Pitch - the Rise of the Premier League

Doubt they put the secret meetings in there, for the 5 clubs(Big 3, Spurs and Everton), with Greg Dyke and Rick Parry and how it was pitched to them.

Sounds more like they made the PL and Sky out to be the saviour of the English game, when some historians say it ruined it competitively, more than anything else has.

Sooner or later the media will come to realise that there's such a thing as over-exposure. Particularly when the product you are over-exposing is revealed to be shit rolled in glitter.

Think i may have mentioned this before but my rag mate at the time was in the four seasons hotel in Hale with his wife who went to the toilet and came back and told him a strange man was prostrate on the ladies toilet floor peering into one of the cubicles. He never told me this till months after that said man had left the rags and it was Martin edwards.
I used to know some people at Four Seasons. Edwards' antics were known in quite a few premises in the area and staff were told to keep an eye on him. This was months before the police took action. It was successfully covered up by the club and didn't get a lot of press coverage.
These days it is bizarre to see Edwards interviewed on the BBC and SKY repeatedly about his times at Old Trafford with no context about how he lost his job there. It is like interviewing Gary Glitter about his music career without mentioning how it all ended.

The moment I saw it advertised I knew exactly what it was going to be, and I suspect most of us on here did too. The media in this country are so biased towards the rags that any programme about English football WILL be all about painting that abomination of a club in a positive light.

They can fuck off with it.

Doubt they put the secret meetings in there, for the 5 clubs(Big 3, Spurs and Everton), with Greg Dyke and Rick Parry and how it was pitched to them.

Sounds more like they made the PL and Sky out to be the saviour of the English game, when some historians say it ruined it competitively, more than anything else has.
How was this any different to the proposed European Super League?

Double standards much?

I used to know some people at Four Seasons. Edwards' antics were known in quite a few premises in the area and staff were told to keep an eye on him. This was months before the police took action. It was successfully covered up by the club and didn't get a lot of press coverage.
These days it is bizarre to see Edwards interviewed on the BBC and SKY repeatedly about his times at Old Trafford with no context about how he lost his job there. It is like interviewing Gary Glitter about his music career without mentioning how it all ended.
The Four Seasons used to be owned by the Kilroe family of Irish contractors, given their history of dubious financial shenanigans involving the Irish government among others its no surprise they were happy to keep a lid on powerful people behaving badly

Forgot about this shit last week, but stumbled upon it tonight.
Third episode of four and they're still dedicating it to United and at the period of Hansen saying "you'll not win anything with kids".
Weirdly Keith Gillespie is dominating this show.
Should be on MUTV this

Gross. But I guess Rag WANKFEST isn’t allowed as a title on BBC. How many plastic fans have they got? There’s enough for a documentary to forget history and entertain their armchair army whilst giving a big FU to every other clubs fans. Clubs where they go and live locally and are actually loyal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.